Fans Consultancy Group Meeting

OutByEaster?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

was nothing mentioned about the poor service at villa park in terms of how long it takes to get food?

It was mentioned - it's been on pretty much every agenda and it's ongoing - they know there are issues and it's in everyone's interest to fix them, but there's not a great deal to report on it in terms of change.

• Thanks 1

Seems so and it's understandable to an extent, albeit frustrating.

I still don't understand  though why they can never, ever seem to be able to sort out the service at the food and drink kiosks. It literally never improves and it's infuriating watching how slowly everything moves when you're queuing. I generally never buy anything when I'm at VP these days for that reason, but if the queues weren't so bad then I'd definitely have a pie and a pint or two. I did go to get some food for a change before the Small Heath game because the other half wanted something, and I was waiting for 20 minutes. It's like they don't expect to have lots of people in a stadium during an event. 

16 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

Seems so and it's understandable to an extent, albeit frustrating.

I still don't understand  though why they can never, ever seem to be able to sort out the service at the food and drink kiosks. It literally never improves and it's infuriating watching how slowly everything moves when you're queuing. I generally never buy anything when I'm at VP these days for that reason, but if the queues weren't so bad then I'd definitely have a pie and a pint or two. I did go to get some food for a change before the Small Heath game because the other half wanted something, and I was waiting for 20 minutes. It's like they don't expect to have lots of people in a stadium during an event. 

Have you ever noticed how there's nearly always different staff in the kiosks every week (bar the odd couple of permanent staff)? I know they use agencies to fill these roles so it's understandable why there's such a big turnover of staff, but that has to be the main cause of this issue IMO. The staff seem bewildered half the time, like they don't know how to pour a pint or where anything is. If they managed to keep the same staff every week then it might be a faster service.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nath182 said:

Have you ever noticed how there's nearly always different staff in the kiosks every week (bar the odd couple of permanent staff)? I know they use agencies to fill these roles so it's understandable why there's such a big turnover of staff, but that has to be the main cause of this issue IMO. The staff seem bewildered half the time, like they don't know how to pour a pint or where anything is. If they managed to keep the same staff every week then it might be a faster service.

Not the one I use. Same staff every week. They’re always shit though. 

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

So, VT were invited to Bodymoor Heath this afternoon at fairly short notice; the new owners and their team wanted to take advantage of their all being together pre West Ham game to meet some supporters and fan groups.

We spent some time with their teams who listened to us on how the group works and some of the ongoing issues and we were then introduced to Wes Edens and Nassef Sawiris - they didn't have long as they were headed to the game, but it was great to see them take an interest so early in their time at the club. It was interesting to hear their teams talk about fan groups and it's clear that from the Milwaukee Bucks that it's something they take an interest in and value.

Overall, there was just a very sensible vibe to everything, it looked like sensible people going about their business sensibly in an organised way. I'm not sure how much I can claim to know after this type of short meeting - but I came away with a pleasant confidence - they look like people who know what they're about.

Thanks for sharing, that provides some mild assurance.

Wow....the fact they wanted to meet supporters groups less than a week into their ownership and that it was organised for their first official visit to Villa speaks volumes to me.  Both of these fill me with far more confidence about our future than RL and TX.  They know how to run a business.

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Did they mention what they are doing to resolve half time related pie issues by any chance...?

I heard they are going to make this priority number one :D

Edited by TheAuthority

• 2 weeks later...

It’s been mentioned elsewhere on the forum but worth putting here I think. Can the idea of a preseason friendly with Hibs for next summer be suggested at any future meeting please?

Thoroughly impressed with how friendly their supporters are and it’s quite rare nowadays to see such positive exchange between 2 fan bases. Both sets of fans seem keen from what I’ve seen.

I know there are lots of factors to consider when putting together a preseason but this would be great!

• Like 4

Â