Fans Consultancy Group Meeting

OutByEaster?

There's a meeting of the Fans Consultancy Group prior to Tuesday's game with Barnsley and VT have been invited.

If there's anything you want to raise about the club, the matchday experience, ticketing, hospitality, merchandise, the club website or anything at all that isn't player performance, please let us know in this thread and we'll raise anything that people want raised at the meeting.

Thank you!

• Like 1

One thing that always annoys me slightly at home games is that with all the screens around Villa Park they never display the line up on any of them prior to kick off, this may just be me though as for some reason my phone never seems to want to work in the Holte Suite or in the Holte End.

If they could start showing them on a few of the screens, or just on a bar running across the bottom that would be great.

Could you ask them to clarify our situation on ffp  please ,? 

There have been so many conflicting rumours around from that it doesn't apply to a new owner in first 2 years , to some suggesting we are close to the limits ?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Could you ask them to clarify our situation on ffp  please ,? 

There have been so many conflicting rumours around from that it doesn't apply to a new owner in first 2 years , to some suggesting we are close to the limits ?

Check te Steve Round thread. i think he clarified this at some length at one of the previous fan's meetings

This is probably an old, tired issue, but being my first season as a ST holder it's something I've really picked up on this year.

The service at half time at the beer/food kiosks is genuinely pathetic.

They are so painstakingly slow. It would be very easy to change things, I'm sure any half decent catering manager would be able to do it, but it doesn't seem to happen.

Surely it's in the club's interest to sell as much stuff at half time as possible? 

• Like 3

Ha, it's very rare I even bother trying these days. TBF it's pretty similar at a lot of grounds. Just a liberal smattering of brains cells could make a hell of a difference though. 

I'd love to see the interview/training process? Feels like they get thrown into the kiosk about 5 seconds before half time and told "this is your life now, just do it". 

1 minute ago, villaglint said:

Ha, it's very rare I even bother trying these days. TBF it's pretty similar at a lot of grounds. Just a liberal smattering of brains cells could make a hell of a difference though. 

I'd love to see the interview/training process? Feels like they get thrown into the kiosk about 5 seconds before half time and told "this is your life now, just do it". 

Thing is, at first I thought it must be hard to train as I know they're agency staff so they probably have different people every week.

But they don't. Most of the people at the kiosk I use most often are the same every time.

Then there's stupid things like, on more than one occasion, I've gotten to the kiosk at half time, asked for chips, only to be told they don't have any ready.

How can that happen? :D 

• Like 1

Yeah the catering is a **** shambles. That and the mobile signal issue need sorting big time. 

I know WiFi for 30k+ people would be hard* to implement, so something like OpenCell would go a long way to assisting while WiFi technology catches up. I have a contact there if they want me to introduce :) 

https://opencell.co.uk/

If you have poor or non existent coverage in your building, OpenCell will work with you to provide a solution based on their new technology. Using femto cells, you can have complete coverage for your building - even underground. Unlike repeaters, signal boosters and DAS systems that are often installed without the operators' consent, our service is completely legal with each installation being connected by fibre backhaul directly to the UK mobile operators networks.

*By hard I mean prohibitively expensive. That said, it seems to work on the underground just fine. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

Any news on safe standing and any thoughts on the pros and cons of it or part of it being promoted as ideal for those who want to sing ?

I know actual 'please sing here' areas are scorned but equally it'd be great to go to a game knowing you could sing throughout and others were like minded.

I do and always have done my best to do that at the top of the Holte but would be interested in developments being considered.

For me, the issue of being able to stand and sing define football and are probably the one thing where a decline would stop me attending, and I know plenty others feel the same.

1 hour ago, mattyvilla said:

Could you raise removal of villacash mid season , removed literally thousands of pounds of fans cash , think we had about a weeks notice

It cannot be redeemed or earned on retail products from 1st February 2017 but it is still available to use on all other products and services including tickets, soccer schools, tours and events as per 2016/17 terms and conditions according to the e-mail we were sent from the club about Villa Cash (in my case with a few days to go before the change date). This includes Season Ticket renewal (which is how I intend to use my Villa Cash again).It added that more details on dates for this will be provided as soon as possible. 

The Villa Cash scheme will be discontinued in its entirety on 31st July 2017 and all balances will be wiped, So it can still be used on match tickets up until then as I read it.

I liked the Villa Cash idea but the e-mail added that a new and improved loyalty offering was being launched for the 17/18 season, which will offer wider opportunities to engage with the Club and the club will announce more information in the coming months. The club are also making retail offers for Season Ticket holders  between 1st Feb and 31st May 2017, starting with an extra 10% off all 16/17 replica kit items (in addition to the current 30% off) in the month of February. Each month thereafter the club will  tell us of the next exclusive monthly offer. 

So I agree the e-mail did make it seem that the clock was very much ticking on our Villa Cash but it seems we actually have until the end of July to us it up on things other than the retail side. I back the club to make the new loyalty scheme what they said it would be namely an improvement on what we had before.   

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

This is probably an old, tired issue, but being my first season as a ST holder it's something I've really picked up on this year.

The service at half time at the beer/food kiosks is genuinely pathetic.

They are so painstakingly slow. It would be very easy to change things, I'm sure any half decent catering manager would be able to do it, but it doesn't seem to happen.

Surely it's in the club's interest to sell as much stuff at half time as possible? 

100% agree and something I have mentioned before.

There seems to be 5 staff per 1 pint pulled (from experience it is worse in the upper holte)

Could you ask why, when attendances are not much different to the end of last Season, so many car parks that were open last season are now closed?  Particularly those off Brookvale Road- Beau Crest being one and the Charity one which was running opposite there being another .   A heck of a lot of parking spaces have just gone this season making parking so much harder. I know the Charity one is probably nothing to do with Villa but Villa were officially operating the Beau Crest one last season.   Beau Crest was open again for a couple of games but then just  closed again.  Thanks

• Like 1

Safe standing area is a good shout. 

Maybe an update or just a general idea of what the plans are for redeveloping the ground and Birmingham. I read somewhere that they had meetings with the council.

Main thing for me is to just pass on our thanks and gratitude to the Doctor for what he has done in this past year or so! Great man

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

100% agree and something I have mentioned before.

There seems to be 5 staff per 1 pint pulled (from experience it is worse in the upper holte)

I can see the logic in the way they do it, in that they have one person taking the order and taking the cash, and one person "running", so getting what they order.
But they execute it appallingly.

The guy takes your order, turns to his mate and says "one pie and one beer" who then goes off and gets it, comes back, opens the beer (slowly!), gives you the pie. but all this time the guy who's taking your order is stood there watching until it's all done and you leave and then the next order is taken.

It should be the first guy takes your order, which is heard by the second guy who immediately grabs the pre-cooked pie and pre-opened beer while you're paying, then chucks it at you when you've paid ready to grab the order of the next guy who's already giving it to the guy on the till.
Why they don't pre-open beers or pre pour coffees etc is beyond me.

Motivate them. Give everyone at a kiosk an extra £1 an hour if they serve 500 people during half time or something.

• Like 1

Relay a big thank you to Dr Tony Xia for ending the RL nightmare, his investment and enthusiasm.

I wish him all the best in his quest and adventures getting us back to our full potential.

Edited by Grasshopper
  • Like 4

Â