Fans Consultancy Group Meeting

OutByEaster?

On match days the Holte Suite is only open to season ticket holders. Can this be extended to include 'members' of the club.

I have joined the membership scheme, which, other than getting a match ticket (the only reason i got one) it offers very little if anything.

Being able to get into the Holte Suite would be quite a nice option.

Thanks.

On the issue of trains, I understand that adding an additional service on match days creates a big scheduling issue for the rest of the service. However would it not be possible to add more carriages to the existing service? One or two extra carriages to trains after the match would make a huge difference. There are often more half empty carriages on the trains travelling to Aston before the game than there are on the dangerously full ones after the game. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the notes. 

Celebrating Ron Saunders? 

1) Rename The Doug Ellis Stand The Ron Saunders Stand.  

2) If that don't want to get into that controversy rename The North Stand The Ron Saunders Stand (then rebuild it twice as impressive as The Doug Ellis Stand). 

Edited by sidcow

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, imavillan said:

I hasten to say i have no involvement in this group but happen to think what they are trying to do can only help with the VP atmosphere.

In that case, perhaps you should have an involvement :mrgreen: Feel free to start a thread for this.

They appear to want to be independent from the club (which I totally understand), so unless they ask themselves, I don't think it should be brought up at the FCG.

Can the new towel dispensers be brought up at the next meeting. 

They are awful, spend half an hour pumping the lever to get a tiny piece of paper towel.   Hands are dry before you get the towel and the 10 people behind you have given up and gone off drip drying. 

• Like 1

Might be a bit late to mention it but I was disappointed about the pride rewards and how they got rid of several seasons of points. I could be wrong but I felt there was  minimal communication by the club for this. I suspect they are winding down the pride rewards and we will get something else next season. I think the whole system whilst a good intention is too confusing and has not been enough interest in the support base. Villa cash was a lot more simpler.

Also I was not a fan of the recent commique on pravda  which said along the lines that season tickets are the property of the club and all resales must be through their system. Handing your season ticket to a mate if you cant go has been going in since time immemorial. Happens all the time in supporters clubs- would they rather have a empty seat? They want you to use their resale system so they get another slice of the pie through a commission.  I just thought it was  a bit high handed even if technically they  could be in the right.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 3

Pride rewards have been pants. I had over 5000 and got an email just a few hours that I didn't see until just after over 2000 points were deleted from my account.

The actual rewards are either pretty useless (a PC wallpaper!) or very difficult to obtain. For two seasons I wanted to spend 600 points on the pre-match meet-up. Checking several times per day for each of 40+ matches went as follows: 'coming soon'...'coming soon'...'coming soon'... 'sold out'. So infuriating!

I can tell you that the current rewards process is NOT a suitable way to reward the loyalty of someone who has had a season ticket for 30 consecutive years. Please ask the club if they genuinely believe it is and if not, what plans they have to do better. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Might be a bit late to mention it but I was disappointed about the pride rewards and how they got rid of several seasons of points. I could be wrong but I felt there was  minimal communication by the club for this. I suspect they are winding down the pride rewards and we will get something else next season. I think the whole system whilst a good intention is too confusing and has not been enough interest in the support base. Villa cash was a lot more simpler.

Also I was not a fan of the recent commique on pravda  which said along the lines that season tickets are the property of the club and all resales must be through their system. Handing your season ticket to a mate if you cant go has been going in since time immemorial. Happens all the time in supporters clubs- would they rather have a empty seat? They want you to use their resale system so they get another slice of the pie through a commission.  I just thought it was  a bit high handed even if technically they  could be in the right.

Agree with the first paragraph.

On the second, I believe the terms and conditions of a season ticket have always referenced they were non-transferable. It's understandable that the club would want to know who is in each seat to help identify anyone abusing regulations such as racial abuse. The answer to lending a mate your season  ticket is as it was decades ago. Keep stum.

Can we request that AVFC Youtube channel highlights of all matches are returned to approximately 10 minutes in length, as they were up until recently?

Perhaps a reminder that other clubs are showing 10 minutes worth of highlights free of charge on their youtube channels.

Thank you.

• Like 2

I'd love to know why they deactivated the Season Tickets yesterday so not only do we have to faff with paper tickets (environment!) but also meant they weren't accepting cashless payments from them for food and drink (at least case in lower trinity). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A'Villan said:

Can we request that AVFC Youtube channel highlights of all matches are returned to approximately 10 minutes in length, as they were up until recently?

Perhaps a reminder that other clubs are showing 10 minutes worth of highlights free of charge on their youtube channels.

Thank you.

Free highlights are still available - the club have just taken them in house - I don't think you need to pay anything to register with AVTV (yet) - but there are 14 minute highlights of last night on there right now.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Free highlights are still available - the club have just taken them in house - I don't think you need to pay anything to register with AVTV (yet) - but there are 14 minute highlights of last night on there right now.

Silly decision though isn't it. Why do I need to go to a separate platform just for Villa games. Who is going to do that nowadays. I want on YouTube people go on youtube every day for a reason. All content in one place.

Bizarre decision alienating people.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Silly decision though isn't it. Why do I need to go to a separate platform just for Villa games. Who is going to do that nowadays. I want on YouTube people go on youtube every day for a reason. All content in one place.

Bizarre decision alienating people.

Anyone with a shred of business acumen would know that a presence online on YouTube, not just on the club's in-house platform, is much better for engaging with fans around the world, as well as attracting new fans who would not otherwise find highlights. I know for example from watching the NBA highlights on YouTube that I would never have bothered to search for the teams online, find their media platform, log in, find the highlights etc.

Also the problems Villa have had with AVTV have been far too common - rebranding it as Villa TV won't necessarily change my opinion on it.

9 hours ago, MadridVilla said:

Anyone with a shred of business acumen would know that a presence online on YouTube, not just on the club's in-house platform, is much better for engaging with fans around the world, as well as attracting new fans who would not otherwise find highlights. I know for example from watching the NBA highlights on YouTube that I would never have bothered to search for the teams online, find their media platform, log in, find the highlights etc.

Also the problems Villa have had with AVTV have been far too common - rebranding it as Villa TV won't necessarily change my opinion on it.

In fairness on both of these, the club still puts the three minute highlight videos up on youtube and shortened versions of the interview/fun stuff - the presence is still there. It's also a different platform to the old AVTV, a different company making it and so on. In unfairness to the club, at some point you'd imagine the separation will be linked to a monetisation - enjoy it for free while you can!

9 hours ago, MadridVilla said:

Definitely the case. I didn't even realise VillaTV had the highlights (thought it was just live stuff) so went and signed up. Still won't log in. Just loops round back to the log in. Put in wrong password and it tell me. Put in the right one and it just doesn't respond. Multiple browsers, three different devices (PC, Tablet and Phone).

It's just useless but fully expect it to be. It's very rare that independent media is succesful and reliable. Youtube is there because it works.

Can it be asked please why live streaming of u23s games have completely disappeared this season? I realise it was free so we can't complain. Just wanted to know if there was a reason. Perhaps they will return once AVTV becomes a paid service? 

Â