Life is Strange

PompeyVillan

I enjoyed my play through. Lost the plot a bit towards the end, but it was definitely pulling at the heart strings a bit.

Love the Telltale Genre games. Game of Thrones, Borderlands, Batman, Walking Dead, all really good too.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just finished playing Life is Strange (the first one).

Brilliant game, haven't ever played anything like that before. Reminded me of those choose-your-own-adventure books from years ago.

Anyone know if my choices made actually changed the plot in any substantial way? It certainly felt like it did. 

17 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Just finished playing Life is Strange (the first one).

Brilliant game, haven't ever played anything like that before. Reminded me of those choose-your-own-adventure books from years ago.

Anyone know if my choices made actually changed the plot in any substantial way? It certainly felt like it did. 

Not substantially. There are 2 endings and the only thing that determines which one you see is the choice right before. Similar to all of the all of the telltale games There are slight differences in cutscenes as different people can show up in different places & some different bits of dialogue along the way but ultimately you get to the same destination whichever route your journey takes.

It's all about building an attachment really but it works well. Just about all of these games are the same, if you have a choice between saving A or B it doesn't really matter which one you pick as they basically have the same script for the rest of the story no matter which you choose, Save A and B will die but A will turn on you/die later. If you chose to save B the outcome would be the same but with them turning on you/dying later etc.

They can be worth playing through again though to see this bits you missed but you'll still end up in the same place at the end

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

The new LiS game from the Square Enix thing earlier today was announced 

Out in September, and it's the whole game, not episodic, which is neat. 

There's also a remaster of the first game plus Before the Storm (one of the characters from BiS is in True Colours), which is also bundled with the special edition of the new game. 

• Like 1

Â