Life is Strange

PompeyVillan

1 hour ago, PompeyVillan said:

Life is Strange £3.99 on playstation store. 

It's erm, interesting, being a teenage girl in a computer game. 

The soundtrack in that game is incredible, full of some great sounding chill stuff.

The rest of the game though, it's alright.

For those that don't know it's a very story driven modern point and click, it apes a lot on Telltale's The Walking Dead style games.

It's neat, not the best game ever but for £3.99 it's well worth that. 

Edited by Daweii
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2017 at 16:48, PompeyVillan said:

I'm quite enjoying it so far to be honest, well worth £3.99. 

I was just looking at this. I'm an idiot though, the episodes and season thing confuses me. Is that £3.99 for the whole first season?

I believe it is all the episodes. It'll tell you if you read the whole description. The first episode has been free for ages, so I would have thought it's everything.

Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest to see it pop up on PS+ soon, games that become available on there are generally those that have been heavily reduced in preceding months.

I'd be hard pushed to come up with a better console game you could buy for £3.99. It's far better than almost all of the telltale games, which it will always be compared to.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Dontnod have confirmed that they're working on a second Life Is Strange game. No confirmation if it's the same cast of characters or not, though. They've also suggested it won't be at E3, but the first game was revealed at Gamescon (August), so maybe it'll be there instead.

• 2 weeks later...

This is allegedly one of the PS+ games this coming months, I would implore anyone who didn't play it to give it a go 

• Like 1

I picked up Tales From The Borderlands for free last night. Must have been one of the PS+ games this month. Also got the Game of Thrones one for £8.99. Batman one is next on my list but if this is free on PS+ at some point I'll grab this too.

On 5/19/2017 at 13:24, hogso said:

Dontnod have confirmed that they're working on a second Life Is Strange game. No confirmation if it's the same cast of characters or not, though. They've also suggested it won't be at E3, but the first game was revealed at Gamescon (August), so maybe it'll be there instead.

Rather strangely there also seems to be a third game in the works, The other one is a prequel & not being made by Dotnod but by Deck Nine games.

Some pics on imgur

A prequel does seem a bit of an odd choice. I know a fair bit of the story centered around the girl who was missing, so it's going to be about her...but presumabely there will be no 'weird' shit going on, like Max's powers. So I can't say I'm really that interested in it.

• 7 months later...

Just started playing 'Before the storm' as it was on sale recently on the PlayStation store. I have a soft spot for these games. Mostly gaming for me is about interactive story telling, I don't play arcade games, shooters, puzzle games etc. I've not got far, but I've really enjoyed it so far. And I enjoyed the first Life is Strange game. 

The music is again really impressive. The main menu music is so good I've had it just on in the background. 

And there's something about being a rebellious teenage girl that appeals to me... 

Ahem.

Just finished episode 4 of the first game again. I lost my shit at the cliff hanger when  I originally played it, and waiting for the next part was painful. Such a great little story. Hope Dontnod can replicate something similar in 'season 2', also hoping for good things from Vampyr.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The bonus 'Farewell' episode is out on 6th March. Further away than I was hoping, but looking forward to it all the same. The physical editions are available to pre-order now too, with one of them including the soundtrack for BtS on vinyl and cd.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Episode one (of five) out 27th September.

Captain Spirit is out for free next Tuesday, and demonstrates the more non-linear approach in comparison to LiS 1.

No word on the story content yet, but if is alleged to follow new characters. I wouldn't be too surprised if Max and/or Chloe show up somehow, though. 

Edited by hogso

Â