Pre Match Thread

Condimentalist

Ipswich are THE most inconsistent side in the division.  Yes even more so than us.  In their 30 league games this season, ONLY ONCE have they repeated their previous result.

WLDDWLWDLDLDWLDWLWLDLWLWLWLDLD

^ That's hard to do !  It also suggests it will not be a draw :P

• Like 3

there is precious little evidence of any improvement on the pitch .

we are unable to progress the ball out of defence through midfield to the forwards.

non of our midfielders attempt  to beat a man (tsishbola did) ., nor do they move to recieve a pass ( westwood did- but little else ) 

as a result we are not scoring enough goals to overcome our defensive (mainly GK) frailities.

most of the time in most games we have been outplayed - often by lowly teams.

i see no reason to think we wont lose .

• Like 1

I actually think we'll keep a clean sheet. Ipswich are a one man team, keep Lawrence quiet and we'll be fine. Hogan and Kodjia hopefully have had a good week's training and we'll give these a good beating. 3-0 Villa. 

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

spirit is not the factor

The post is 100% correct

I'd like to think that with another full week to have worked on the new formation with the new players that we will start to see the improvements.  I don't expect it to be the finished article yet, but criticising the new squad after 1or 2 games (shit ones agreed) seems unduly pessimistic.

Was a time when these two were the two top teams in the country . I remember the Wednesday night game which was being labelled the title decider , couldn't get in due to a full house ,had to stand a top Aston Park, anyway despite an absolute second half onslaught we got beat 2 - 1 ,incidentally they done the treble over us that season but when it came to the crunch we wasn't found wanting and the rest ,as they say, is history. 

21 hours ago, BOF said:

Ipswich are THE most inconsistent side in the division.  Yes even more so than us.  In their 30 league games this season, ONLY ONCE have they repeated their previous result.

WLDDWLWDLDLDWLDWLWLDLWLWLWLDLD

^ That's hard to do !  It also suggests it will not be a draw :P

That is another record for villa to let another team break 

On 08/02/2017 at 16:56, Eastie said:

3-0 home win 

Johnstone

Bree     Chester     Elphick          Baker      Taylor 

Jedinak 

Lansbury                     Hourihane 

Hogan   Kodjia 

No no no.  Dear god no.  Only 4 players on the pitch not defending.  

With Jedinak injured I would be inclined to bring Bacuna into the midfield instead of Bjarnason          

Johnstone

Bree Chester Baker Amavi

Lansbury

Hourihane    Bacuna

Adomah    Hogan   Kodjia

Subs: Bunn, Elphick, Taylor, Gardner, Bjarnason, Green, RHM

• Like 1

we need a win for lots of obvious reasons. But I also think we need to start winning so that the guys who have come with winning mentalities (Lansbury, Hourihan, Hogan) dont get sucked into that losing habit that most Villa players tend to succumb to given enough time at the club

• Like 1