Pre Match Thread

Condimentalist

Just now, sne said:

All depends on what instructions Hutton and Taylor have been given by Bruce.

Hopefully this time it isn't a cautious stay home back 5 but rather a high tempo pressing wide 3-5-2.

Also hope our wide players have the skill to carry this out.

No instruction will make Hutton a viable attacking footballer. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

You really do have to question why Hutton is playing here?  What's the logic behind that considering the other options on the bench.  

Incredibly disappointing and very negative for a home game.  

Having Bjarnason as left wing back last week ahead of Amavi was equally baffling.

Edited by Junxs
Grammar
  • Like 3

Just now, imavillan said:

I just dont get it.

Bacuna is not very good at all, in fact he is GARBAGE.

I do not recall a clamber for his signature from any of the Champions League regulars !!!!

He does offer something going forward occationally though, unlike Hutton.

Why is it going to be frustrating?

I'm picturing one of these home games where we have all the ball, fanny around their area or ages only creating half chances, then the opposition manage one shot and score.

Narrow win 2-1, we will surender possession and score on the break. Message sent out from this line up is we don't want to lose, disappointed tbh I hope I'm wrong, maybe Taylor will push on and be effective going forward , we all know what Hutton offers offensively. Bruce is obviously under pressure. uTV

Just now, AVTuco said:

He does offer something going forward occationally though, unlike Hutton.

Understand that, but i would rather have a player in his rightful position. Hutton might have his limitations but effort is not one of them.

Its far too cold, snowy/rainy for Bacuna to put a shift in !!! 

Understand that, but i would rather have a player in his rightful position. Hutton might have his limitations but effort is not one of them.

Its far too cold, snowy/rainy for Bacuna to put a shift in !!! 

Haha! :)

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

I'm picturing one of these home games where we have all the ball, fanny around their area or ages only creating half chances, then the opposition manage one shot and score.

picture a 3.0 win instead, its a lot nicer....theres still half an hour to ko......then we can see what really happens :D

27 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Hutton over Bacuna as a wing back is the kind of stupid decision Bruce seems to be making more of. 

Lansbury defensive mid again. **** great. 

Gotta agree with that Hutton/Bacuna comment. In Sherwood's first season Bacuna went a spell where he was assisting in goals on a regular basis. The issue with him was about his defensive side, a but like Amavi. Surely he would be a better option at right wing back at home to Ipswich rather than a very ineffective Hutton? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, imavillan said:

I just dont get it.

Bacuna is not very good at all, in fact he is GARBAGE.

I do not recall a clamber for his signature from any of the Champions League regulars !!!!

Agreed. I'm. It too chuffed to see Hutton starting, but I'd have him ahead of Bacuna every day of the week. 

Bacuna is shite. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, srsmithusa said:

Wait to see what happens before complaining?  Are you new here?  

nope....just a bit pissed with all the negativity

Steve Bruce (who has a lot more football knowledge than me and most on here) could be a mass murderer, that wouldnt bother many. But pick Hutton over Bacuna (who is dog shit) and he needs to be hung drawn and quartered

i find it all rather amusing really