• Hogan
    • Bacuna (Kodjia 82)
    • Adomah (Hogan 84)
    • Green (Lansbury 85)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

6 hours ago, leighavfc said:

I said to a mate a couple of weeks ago that i actually would prefer us to stay here for another season.

I don't. Being in the second tier is a embarrassment for this club. We have only spent 2  or more consecutive seasons out of the top flight twice in our entire 140 year history. Now that is going to be 3 times. 

• Like 1

It's going to take a good few games to settle this team down, it's not like we have one or two new faces slotting into an already settled team as second half subs. 

On paper, we now have the strongest side in the division. If Bruce can get them working together we should be the force to be reckoned with next season. That's what I am holding on to....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, turvontour said:

A clear out on that scale wont happen, but im more on board with that sentiment than to just hope things improve. The go again mentality.

I just keep coming back to Alan Hutton and away games for some reason (i appreciate he didnt play yesterday, could prob use Bacuna, just Hutton seems more amusing). If you're Hutton, and you've been on 76 away coach journeys (38 games, so there and back) and youve won two of those games, surely your beyond giving a hoot how you or the team perform, within reason. It really worries me for the new players who mix with them and will with time adopt a similar mentality. I said before the Brentford game that the players in the line up are largely immaterial at present while the team collectively is so broken. Westwood or Lansbury. Mccormack or Rhodes. Doesnt matter.

I really cant fathom a solution to it though which is frustrating, but then its not my job/responsibilty to do so.

That's why the manager needs time to find a fix.

its not an exact science, it will take a lot of trial and error and then some stability.

There is no white knight out there, this mythical " Mr Fix it" is a figment of the imagination.

Ben Brereton. A 17 year old kid scores his first goal for the club, snatching a much needed win at the last minute.

That is just so Villa. Making dreams come true.

31 minutes ago, TRO said:

That's why the manager needs time to find a fix.

its not an exact science, it will take a lot of trial and error and then some stability.

There is no white knight out there, this mythical " Mr Fix it" is a figment of the imagination.

Sorry TRO

but as much as you list logical conclusions, the fundemental flaw is that the sheer mass of "losers mentality" that started the season has spread to the new recruits in the summer window.

In turn the old "losers" along with the new "losers" will spread that mentality to our even newer "losers".

Just inagine you are Bruce for a moment.

You stand at the door of the team bus and watch the players get on one by one.

Loser, dont know yet, loser, newbie, loser, newbie, loser, newbie, loser, dont know yet, Captain, Goal scorer, loser, Gaby..........

Would you really want to get on the bus with them?

22 hours ago, TRO said:

Its not a new manager we need......its a priest.:)

To ensure our squad exorcise appropriately during training sessions or to show them how to make those Hail Mary passes up to our strikers?;)

5 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Sorry TRO

but as much as you list logical conclusions, the fundemental flaw is that the sheer mass of "losers mentality" that started the season has spread to the new recruits in the summer window.

In turn the old "losers" along with the new "losers" will spread that mentality to our even newer "losers".

Loser, dont know yet, loser, newbie, loser, newbie, loser, newbie, loser, dont know yet, Captain, Goal scorer, loser, Gaby..........

If I was Steve Bruce, I would be standing in the labour exchange now, judging by this site.:)

5 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Sorry TRO

You have to give it more time GH

......is Ranieri suddenly a bag of shite?

Steve Bruce has a tricky job, just let him try and fix it.

Edited by TRO

It will take time for this team to get but we saw enough from the midfield to know that they are going to be a force. The thing I worry about is Bruce's comments about discipline that were not exclusively focussed on McCormack. Grealish worries me. Everyone knows not to kick the ball away at a free kick. we will look more balanced when Jedinack returns.

No play offs this year but this side can establish itself as a major force by the end of the season.

Â