The Manager thread

Xela

38 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Who's this guy Leeds appointed, never heard of him.

Seems to have a winning pedigree thus far, who knows if it'll translate to the champo, but certainly an aggressive signing. 

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I remember him as a player but no idea about his coaching background. If I remember was rumours at time of him getting in Spain squad for 2002 World Cup because of his performances at Bochum :lol:

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

The Cypriot players didn't like him very much. Was ok but nothing special. Surprised he gas managed to get a job at a club at Leeds after being being with Nicosia 

On 6/14/2017 at 23:04, Farlz said:

He played awful football and had fall outs with his players. Not sure you can really count his 8th place as anything amazing considering they were only 6 points off 17th. 

maybe so but games I saw that were 0-0 they had most of the chances and they had sold Mane and Pelle the summer without replacing them and relying on a crock in Austin, Rodriguez who wasnt match fit and an unpredictable Long was hardly the managers fault

Surprised there wasn't more interest in the Palace job...they have a really good squad that massively underachieved last season.

Cabaye, Benteke, Zaha, the Serbian midfielder made a difference second half of the season. If they can sign Sakho permanently that really should be a top half team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Surprised there wasn't more interest in the Palace job...they have a really good squad that massively underachieved last season.

Cabaye, Benteke, Zaha, the Serbian midfielder made a difference second half of the season. If they can sign Sakho permanently that really should be a top half team.

Wasn't Cabaye dreadful last season? I think he's pretty much past his best. But yes, they should at least finish top 10. 

The words "progressive coach" get's thrown around a lot, think Nagelsmann might actually fit the bill.

HOFFENHEIM COACH JULIAN NAGELSMANN ERECTS BIG SCREEN AT TRAINING GROUND TO WORK ON ERRORS IN REAL TIME (PHOTO)

Chris Wright

6th, July 2017

Julian Nagelsmann became the youngest coach in Bundesliga history when, aged just 28, he was thrust by Hoffenheim into their senior management role.

The gifted young coach successfully staved off relegation in his first half-season before guiding Hoffenheim to Champions League qualification last season, defying all expectations to finish fourth behind Bayern Munich, RB Leipzig and Borussia Dortmund.

Ever the progressive thinker, Nagelsmann has now sought to improve his training regime at 1899 by having a huge screen installed at their training ground which he will use to study sessions in real time…

hoffenheim-nagelsmann-screen

According to German-centric football writer Juanma Romero, Nagelsmann had the screen erected so he won’t have to stop to consult match footage during training sessions.

Four cameras (two in the adjacent scaffold tower and one behind each goal) will be used to record the team while training, with Nagelsmann able to control them and augment the display via an iPad.

The screen is only temporary as the scheme is currently being trialled for a week. Presumably a more permanent structure will then be put in place should it prove successful.

Young, forward thinking, hungry, driven and already successful in his field. Big future, this Nagelsmann fellow.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/bundesliga/258601/hoffenheim-coach-julian-nagelsmann-erects-big-screen-at-training-ground-to-work-on-errors-in-real-time-photo.html

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Everybody's favourite word removed, Harry Redknapp, has been giving evidence in QPR's FFP hearing.

Claims he only signed "one or two players" to get them promoted from the Championship.

That "one or two" were:

Danny Simpson
Richard Dunne
Karl Henry
Charlie Austin
Gary O'Neill
Matt Phillips
Javier Chevanton
Oguchi Onyewu
Yossi benayoun
Coll Donaldson
Aaron Hughes
Benoit Assou Ekotto
Tom Carroll
Niko Kranjcar
Dellatore
Kevin Doyle
Will Keane
Modibo Maiga
Ravel Morrison

But I suppose the Chairman deals with all that.

• Like 4

On 07/07/2017 at 05:25, sne said:

The words "progressive coach" get's thrown around a lot, think Nagelsmann might actually fit the bill.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/bundesliga/258601/hoffenheim-coach-julian-nagelsmann-erects-big-screen-at-training-ground-to-work-on-errors-in-real-time-photo.html

This is the chap I mentioned would be one of my top targets for us, if we could get up I’d be delighted to ditch Bruce for him.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Everybody's favourite word removed, Harry Redknapp, has been giving evidence in QPR's FFP hearing.

Claims he only signed "one or two players" to get them promoted from the Championship.

That "one or two" were:

Danny Simpson
Richard Dunne
Karl Henry
Charlie Austin
Gary O'Neill
Matt Phillips
Javier Chevanton
Oguchi Onyewu
Yossi benayoun
Coll Donaldson
Aaron Hughes
Benoit Assou Ekotto
Tom Carroll
Niko Kranjcar
Dellatore
Kevin Doyle
Will Keane
Modibo Maiga
Ravel Morrison

Nah it’s his dog.

22 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

This is the chap I mentioned would be one of my top targets for us, if we could get up I’d be delighted to ditch Bruce for him.

Me too.

Sadly he'll probably go to Bayern, Dortmund or maybe Arsenal when he moves.

49 minutes ago, sne said:

Me too.

Sadly he'll probably go to Bayern, Dortmund or maybe Arsenal when he moves.

I think he will end up at a club like that, I’m just not sure it will be his next move. Dortmund perhaps but I think Bayern or Arsenal would want someone with a more proven track record.

7 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I think he will end up at a club like that, I’m just not sure it will be his next move. Dortmund perhaps but I think Bayern or Arsenal would want someone with a more proven track record.

True.

It's just that they might fear losing out on him if they don't grab him in the summer when both clubs are somewhat likely to change managers.

Edit: Perhaps Wenger and Heynckes has another year in them?

Edited by sne

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

That "one or two" were:

Danny Simpson
Richard Dunne
Karl Henry
Charlie Austin
Gary O'Neill
Matt Phillips
Javier Chevanton
Oguchi Onyewu
Yossi benayoun
Coll Donaldson
Aaron Hughes
Benoit Assou Ekotto
Tom Carroll
Niko Kranjcar
Dellatore
Kevin Doyle
Will Keane
Modibo Maiga
Ravel Morrison

Well you know, Harry has never been one for the numbers... unless it relates to how many years he has left on his contract.

Â