The Manager thread

Xela

19 minutes ago, a m ole said:

As far as football dinosaurs go he’s the most effective

He’s proved himself to know how to manage fantastically well, how does he get the dinosaur label? Because he’s older than 45?

22 hours ago, Zatman said:

He is nobodys cup of tea but if Cardiff stay up Warnock deserves manager of the year. Very small budget not to mention the tragedy

I think this may also be his last job in management irrespective if they stay up or get relegated.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Sunderland fans not happy at all with Jack Ross, fallen off the top 2 pace pretty badly. Thoughts @Villan4Life?

Like Dean Smith, he will be feeling pressue he's never faced before at his previous clubs.

Been a while since I looked at how they were doing. Still in the mix with that game in hand, but yeah 1 win in their last 7 (other 6 being draws). They will be getting restless.

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Been a while since I looked at how they were doing. Still in the mix with that game in hand, but yeah 1 win in their last 7 (other 6 being draws). They will be getting restless.

They're drawing loads of winnable home games, 2-2 v Accy Stanley and 1-1 v Blackpool this week.

Also spent 4m on Will Grigg which is obviously ridiculous money in league one so expectation with likes of McGeady also in squad is top 2. Maybe they'll still win the play offs but big pressure now.

13 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

They doing fine/he is in my view still could have strong end season. This season was always going be rebuild job and that club was in worse mess than us player wise and not easy at all to turn it around if they keep him i fully expect see them up next season. i wonder myself if it's Ross or Tony Coton having say on final players signed? due to the latter knowing English market better as i haven't agreed on most of their signings as very poor quality and few journeymen players rather than promising youngsters signed... Pity they didn't get Lyle Taylor in summer as he chose Charlton he would have scored the goals needed and is better than Wyke. The firepower upfront needs be lot stronger in my view and wrong players purchased for that. Oztumer was close joining in Jan on loan he would have made big difference too.

Edited by Villan4Life

14 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Sunderland fans not happy at all with Jack Ross, fallen off the top 2 pace pretty badly. Thoughts @Villan4Life?

Like Dean Smith, he will be feeling pressue he's never faced before at his previous clubs.

They doing fine/he is in my view still could have strong end season. This season was always going be rebuild job and that club was in worse mess than us player wise and not easy at all to turn it around if they keep him i fully expect see them up next season after rebuild finished. i wonder myself if it's Ross or Tony Coton having say on final players signed? due to the latter knowing English market better as i haven't agreed on most of their signings as very poor quality and few journeymen players rather than promising youngsters signed... Pity they didn't get Lyle Taylor in summer as he chose Charlton he would have scored the goals needed and is better than Wyke. The firepower upfront needs be lot stronger in my view and wrong players purchased for that. Oztumer was close joining in Jan on loan he would have made big difference too.

Edited by Villan4Life

6 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

They doing fine/he is in my view still could have strong end season. This season was always going be rebuild job and that club was in worse mess than us player wise and not easy at all to turn it around if they keep him i fully expect see them up next season after rebuild finished. i wonder myself if it's Ross or Tony Coton having say on final players signed? due to the latter knowing English market better as i haven't agreed on most of their signings as very poor quality and few journeymen players rather than promising youngsters signed... Pity they didn't get Lyle Taylor in summer as he chose Charlton he would have scored the goals needed and is better than Wyke. The firepower upfront needs be lot stronger in my view and wrong players purchased for that. Oztumer was close joining in Jan on loan he would have made big difference too.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/jack-ross.1462666/

Not much different to how we're viewing DS currently!

Their view is they should be 5-10 points clear at the top.

Â