The Manager thread

Xela

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Another week and the great man Stevie G has thrown his players under the bus again. Players must hate playing for that dickhead

Throwing his players under the bus again??

Far from it imo, he is absolutely bang on with his assesment.

The players for a few weeks now have been careless and reckless disciplinary wise picking up stupid and needless red cards.

I have been following them most of the season and the last few games have not been the displays and performances of that compared to results running up to  the end of November.

Morelas picking up a stupid red card vs Aberdeen midweek for example. Why????

Sorry, but Stevie G is bang on I'm afraid.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2018 at 00:09, AvfcRigo82 said:

The players for a few weeks now have been careless and reckless disciplinary wise picking up stupid and needless red cards.

I have been following them most of the season and the last few games have not been the displays and performances of that compared to results running up to  the end of November.

It’s the kind of shit you’d have absolutely slaughtered Steve Bruce for doing a few months ago. 

Gerrard is a word removed. 

On 10/12/2018 at 00:09, AvfcRigo82 said:

He might be but for me that should be said in private. It’s a dressing room conversation if in the heat of the moment or the training ground when you’ve calmed down, if that doesn’t work you drop people and make examples of them. You don’t slaughter them in the full gaze of the media.

Can you imagine Fergie ever doing that? Not a chance. But you know I’m private he ripped them new ones and made examples of countless players.

I can’t think of a time a manager has slaughtered players in the media and it’s worked for him, normally it’s the start of the end.

You say yourself players performances have dropped away, well maybe they aren’t playing for their manager because of things like this.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It’s the kind of shit you’d have absolutely slaughtered Steve Bruce for doing a few months ago. 

Gerrard is a word removed. 

Polar opposite views on this one it appears as the situations are different imo.

One team had a team of players trying to play football but can't due to being led by a shit manager who threw them under a bus anyway.

The other team has a team of players - who some are letting their team and manager down, which is why they're thrown under a bus.

Sadly, I think your post is led more by your emotional dislike towards Gerrard rather than the logistical football element.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

15 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

He might be but for me that should be said in private. It’s a dressing room conversation if in the heat of the moment or the training ground when you’ve calmed down, if that doesn’t work you drop people and make examples of them. You don’t slaughter them in the full gaze of the media.

Can you imagine Fergie ever doing that? Not a chance. But you know I’m private he ripped them new ones and made examples of countless players.

I can’t think of a time a manager has slaughtered players in the media and it’s worked for him, normally it’s the start of the end.

You say yourself players performances have dropped away, well maybe they aren’t playing for their manager because of things like this.

I get what you mean by that Trent and he could have shown a little more tact in his interview.

That is his managerial inexperience showing imo and I wouldn't be suprised if the board have not had a word with him about it and to keep these matters more in house in future.

The players have started dropping slightly, possibly fatigue from their heavy fixture list more than anything but it's been happening for a few games now long which is why I think he has had enough of it and gave the interview he did.

This morning I read about the Thwaites glacier in Antarctica. Apparently it's melting faster than anybody thought, and is absolutely massive: 100 miles wide at it's narrow end. Nobody knows when it will finally plunge into the sea, but it could be mere decades. The consequences are kind of unclear, but are fairly certain to be catastrophic. The low end of sea-level rise is pitched at one foot, which might be manageable, but the high end is ten to fifteen feet, which would basically be a civilisation-changing event, with literally billions of people made climate refugees. I felt kind of sad about that.Still, I guess we'll always have this:

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

For those with Netflix, well worth a watch. Of the greatest English managers of all time and a thoroughly nice bloke.

Mourinho comes across very well... makes you wonder what happened to him. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Xela said:

For those with Netflix, well worth a watch. Of the greatest English managers of all time and a thoroughly nice bloke.

Mourinho comes across very well... makes you wonder what happened to him. 

Gave this a watch the other night. Great documentary and a tragedy in his later years.

And seconded, One of the greatest managers to grace the game. Legend.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/12/2018 at 04:14, Zatman said:

English media always seem to have it in for Claude Puel and always suggest him for the sack. Was under pressure Friday and ends up beating Chelsea and City in a week

And follows up that trick by losing to Cardiff and Newport County over their next 3 games :P

Heard a Southampton reporter recently say that she quite liked Claude Puel but he doesn't seem to do well with the media (and maybe the dressing room) as he has a quite dull personality.

• Haha 1

Sean Dyche still continues to do a great job. Manages to get the best out of very average players (Westwood, Bardsley etc) and keeps getting results to keep Burnley up. 

Wouldve loved him at us. Sad reflection that even Burnley are a better proposition than us now.

18 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Sean Dyche still continues to do a great job. Manages to get the best out of very average players (Westwood, Bardsley etc) and keeps getting results to keep Burnley up. 

Wouldve loved him at us. Sad reflection that even Burnley are a better proposition than us now.

It's interesting that he bought them up to the PL, they got relegated but the owners stuck with him and he got them up again and now they've completely stabilized.

Do you think our fans would have that kind of patience? I don't.

11 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

It's interesting that he bought them up to the PL, they got relegated but the owners stuck with him and he got them up again and now they've completely stabilized.

Do you think our fans would have that kind of patience? I don't.

Not for a second. Some have got the bed sheets out already, an absolute embarrassment.

Â