The Manager thread

Xela

On 04/12/2018 at 02:01, MrDuck said:

I read somewhere that Hughes has now earned over 15 million quid just in compensation from his various sackings. Nice work if you can get it!

Yep I read that too.

All you need to do in management is get that one big job and do an ok job.

You can then spend the next 5-10 years getting hired and fired and making millions from it.

54 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep I read that too.

All you need to do in management is get that one big job and do an ok job.

You can then spend the next 5-10 years getting hired and fired and making millions from it.

Being an ex player for manure under fergie an important criteria on the cv too

For all the good Fergie did for the English game, the fallout in form of players becoming crap managers is a bit shit.

1.-Fergies-Disciples-Players-Into-Management.png

Laurent Blanc the standout there, and he was only at Man U for 2 seasons right at the end of his 20 year career.

Edited by sne

5 minutes ago, sne said:

For all the good Fergie did for the English game, the fallout in form of players becoming crap managers is a bit shit.

1.-Fergies-Disciples-Players-Into-Management.png

Laurent Blanc the standout there, and he was only at Man U for 2 seasons right at the end of his 20 year career.

Thats only United. No Big Eck on that list 😉

• Like 1

Actually not a bad read, from last year so not up to date. But still.

Full article is longer.

Fergie’s Disciples – An Analysis Of Ex-Players Into Managemen

Sir Alex Ferguson is one of the most successful and best known football managers in the history of the game. Indeed, his 27-year reign at Manchester United brought unparalleled levels of success to a club largely starved of glory for the best part of the previous two decades.

This success can at least in part be put down to the fact that many of his best United teams were built around strong characters who consistently drove the team forward to greater feats. Think of United during these years and it is impossible not to think of totemic figures such as Bryan Robson, Steve Bruce, Roy Keane, and Mark Hughes. These players – and many others who also played under Ferguson – have since moved into management following the end of their playing careers, no doubt aiming to put their undoubted leadership qualities into effect. In addition, four (Gordon Strachan, Mark Hughes, Laurent Blanc and Bryan Robson) have gone on to manage internationally, whilst others have provided assistant roles in this respect.

But how have they fared, and has a tutelage under one of the most successful managers in history led to a successful managerial career for themselves? In this article we will examine players who have played under Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United and who have subsequently gone into management, looking at how successful they have been once they have embarked upon this journey. In order to do this we will examine the number of games managed by these Ferguson graduates along with analysing their win percentages and the trophies and successes they have enjoyed in management. Ultimately, we will attempt to ascertain whether it is indeed possible to learn from the ‘master’...

https://www.thestatszone.com/fergies-disciples-an-analyses-of-ex-players-into-management

29 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i know blanc had the relatively easy PSG job but im surprised he never ventured in to the prem, disappeared by the looks of it

I think e got caught up in some racism scandal in France regarding national players

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Uncle Sol eventually taking a lower league job. 1st game at Macclesfield... let’s see how racist everyone was being or as we all expect he is just going to be woeful 

Lost. Macclesfield were doing decent before he took over. Won a few games

• Haha 1

On 06/12/2018 at 13:35, Zatman said:

Because nobody was brave enough and gave Dwight Yorke a job 😉

He cant even manage his own kid so i'd never trust him with a team! 

• Haha 1

Â