The Manager thread

Xela

Never understood sacking a manager at this stage of the season, unless you think the change is necessary for survival. 

If you bring in a short term guy, like we did with Black, Newcastle with Carver, and its obvious it's short term, players will down tools and there's no benefit at all. 

If you want to bring a long term guy in, why limit your pool when more people will be attainable in the summer? 

Would be like us sacking Bruce at this moment, achieves nothing. 

I'm gobsmacked and I think that's completely ridiculous. 

When he took over they were in trouble, sat near the bottom three and he's got them up to 10th and closer to the playoffs than the relegation zone. Now they're going to finish the season having had 3 managers. 

Waste of time and money, and shoddy treatment of a manager. Small time IMO. 

• Like 1

How many sackings is that for Mclaren now? Has to be averaging one a year at this point.

Unfortunately this is the world we live in now, he has done a decent job at this level twice, but ultimately a bad run of form as the wrong time and he has gone...again.

13 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm gobsmacked and I think that's completely ridiculous. 

When he took over they were in trouble, sat near the bottom three and he's got them up to 10th and closer to the playoffs than the relegation zone. Now they're going to finish the season having had 3 managers. 

Waste of time and money, and shoddy treatment of a manager. Small time IMO. 

It's the same with Bruce....he took over a club in a lot of mess and struggling to even win a game....goes on a run and gets people dreaming of the play offs and when teams tail off it still feels like underachievement even though it's a vast improvement on the situation 6 months back.

They won't finish top 6 now so guess they just feel McLaren lifting them well away from the bottom 3 served his purpose.

On ‎11‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 11:20, Mantis said:

Same. Undoubtedly decent but he's the most robotic manager I've ever seen.

Just saw this post...so hang on Mantis you criticise the British managers who speak PASSHUN and now it's the articulate informative managers who also get it. I don't think I've ever heard Eddie Howe mention passion once in any interview which is refreshing.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Love to see Karanka relegated, just for the inevitable meltdown

Yep you can tell he learnt under Mourinho for 3 years, head massively up his backside. He's arguably playing worse football than Lambert did in the premier league.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Just saw this post...so hang on Mantis you criticise the British managers who speak PASSHUN and now it's the articulate informative managers who also get it. I don't think I've ever heard Eddie Howe mention passion once in any interview which is refreshing.

He's a sociopath. What he does and doesn't say is irrelevant, the bloke is dead behind the eyes. I'm confident that is what Mantis meant and I'm stunned more can't see home for what he is.

I don't think his nationality is relevant?

• Like 1

Â