The Manager thread

Xela

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

I know people rate him highly and all but is Eddie Howe really all that? He has done a great job at Bournemouth but he cant organise a defence to save his life and teams seem to go on poor runs too often

Really dont see why a team like Arsenal would take a punt on him, reminds me of Martinez

Didn't Klopp get relegated at Mainz? 

Problem with young British managers is that they are not allowed to fail and learn from their mistakes. 

If Klopp was British he would never have got a shot at a top club 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Didn't Klopp get relegated at Mainz? 

Problem with young British managers is that they are not allowed to fail and learn from their mistakes. 

If Klopp was British he would never have got a shot at a top club 

Ahh, but you've fallen into a heffalump trap there, because @Zatman thinks Klopp is crap as well :P

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Fat Sam has got Palace out of the bottom 3. Think they'll push on now

Hoping Boro go down as Karanka comes across as a right plum

Boro are such a boring team, I've said this before but I honestly think they're more boring than when Lambert was here...at least the opposition still tended to score v us.

How many Boro games have they had with even more than 2 goals in it.

Probably wouldn't be such good news for us as they'd probably be in better shape to fight at the top than Sunderland or Hull.

I don't care, I still hope Boro go down. Karanka is a total tit and they're such a nothing side. Leicester, Palace, Swansea, Hull - I can make cases for all of them. What positive case is there for Boro to stay up?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Xela said:

God I hope Moyes gets relegated this year

I still rated him as a decent premier league manager about 6 months back.

He is clueless what to do at Sunderland and is well passed his sell by date...at least the likes of Big Sam still have something to offer at clubs who appoint them.

Doubt even Celtic will want him which was always the fall back option. Probably end up in MLS.

• Like 1

Yes he is burnt out as a manager. To be be fair Sunderland wasn't the ideal job for him. Relegation waiting to happen. Only stayed up last season because of a Defoe purple patch. Didn't like the way they set up against Man City, Certs for one of the relegation spots

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Has anyone done a better job than Gasperini, this year? Most wins Atalanta have had in Serie A since 1950 and there's still 11 games to go. Probably too much for them to make the CL though.

Leipzig and maybe Eibar although stretch to see them finishing top 6 given who's above them in La Liga.

Gasperini's done brilliantly though especially considering Atalanta had a poor start and he was under pressure in September.

Right sort of club for him, I remember his 5 game spell at Inter and it was a disaster.

• Like 1

Â