The Manager thread

Xela

20 hours ago, Kingman said:

Even more so when you think that they turned down £8.5m in compo just a few weeks ago!

19 hours ago, Dick said:

Yep, ridiculous. 

Have to say it is madness and ruthless how they are going through managers how they are.

Will be interesting to see how long this new appointment lasts for.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Dick said:

Pathetic from Watford

Is it?  I mean, they've basically routinely done this and seemingly always got it "right".

Marco Silva (the next big manager!!!212) has won 1 in 11 - gaining 5 points from a possible 33.  In most other football teams, this is reason to be cautious.  I'm sure the Southampton manager (6 points from a possible 33) will be under similar pressure.

If/when he gets sacked, though, there probably won't be any sort of "pathetic" comments regarding that.

40 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Is it?  I mean, they've basically routinely done this and seemingly always got it "right".

Marco Silva (the next big manager!!!212) has won 1 in 11 - gaining 5 points from a possible 33.  In most other football teams, this is reason to be cautious.  I'm sure the Southampton manager (6 points from a possible 33) will be under similar pressure.

If/when he gets sacked, though, there probably won't be any sort of "pathetic" comments regarding that.

Sacking a manager 6 weeks after turning down 8.5m compensation for him is pathetic. I’m not sure Southampton did the same, unless I missed it.

16 minutes ago, Dick said:

Sacking a manager 6 weeks after turning down 8.5m compensation for him is pathetic. I’m not sure Southampton did the same, unless I missed it.

£8.5m is basically **** all these days - the seem to suggest that they attribute the downturn in form largely to the point that Everton were interested.  If those 6 weeks had been better, I'm sure he'd still be in a job.

I personally think they're right. There has been an alarming drop in form since the Everton interest and no real evidence that it will turn around. Silva's response to the Everton interest at the time would have also left a sour taste. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

How many days was it Allardyce was England manager, 65-70 something like that?

Think Neville might break his record for shortest stint: 

“Relax I’m back chilled – just battered the wife!!! Feel better now!”

Papers are killing him, already made it to the Swedish papers ffs.

Another "job for the boys" that maybe wasn't all that thought through...

Phil Neville: New England women's boss will not face charge over sexist tweets

England women's head coach Phil Neville will not be charged over historical sexist remarks made on social media, the Football Association has said. The comments - made in 2012 and 2011 - came to light in the media the same day he was appointed in his new role. In a letter to Kick it Out, FA chief executive Martin Glenn said background checks were done on Neville and did not reveal the comments in question.

But he added they "would not meet the threshold for issuing a charge". He also confirmed Neville, awarded a contract until 2021, would be warned about his future conduct.

"Phil will be educated on all aspects of the FA's regulatory functions and his responsibilities," Glenn wrote.

"He will also be warned that any future comments that are deemed to cross the charging threshold will be treated with the utmost seriousness and may lead to disciplinary action."

Neville apologised earlier on Wednesday after suggesting in one Tweet that women would be too "busy making breakfast/getting kids ready" to read his messages. Other users picked up on comments Neville had made when interacting with his sister and with his wife - and one in which he joked he had "just battered the wife". The former Manchester United and Valencia coach, who has no experience in the women's game, said his comments were not "a true and genuine reflection of either my character or beliefs". Glenn's letter was written in reply to the chief executive of anti-discrimination body Kick it Out, Roisin Wood, after she asked whether Neville would be charged for making what appeared to be "misogynistic and sexist comments". Wood also said the organisation had serious concerns over the appointment "of someone with no record of management or experience in women's football" and would be making representations to the FA.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42802840

1 Day! :crylaugh: 1 ******** Day into the job!

You'll have the head of FIFA wanting them to run around in pretty little shorts next :ph34r:

I love how he deleted his twitter account or closed it or whatever. Coz that's how the internet works Phil :thumb:

Â