PCP Question

Djemba_Villan

Hello Gents,

So basically I after months (if not years) of agonising over new/used, brands, models etc. I have just walked into my local dealer and nearly broken him negotiating my new Audi A5 Sportback.

My question is...as I spent so long haggling the base price, extras etc. I fell into the bloody trap of the crappy insurances they push on you at the very end...I consider myself to be fairly savvy with a good dose of cynicism about salesmen but for some reason I fell for £699 Gap Cover and £399 Alloy wheel cover....DONT ASK ME WHY. I almost felt sorry for him as i'd gotten a deal even better than carwow (car broker site) until then. The paperwork won't be arriving until later on but I have paid the initial £1k deposit.

Can I pull out of these insurances now or will they make life hard for me? I've found the same 2 insurances for £210 combined and feel like a total lemon. I'm sure the salesman will be annoyed which I don't care about but can they go back on the 9% discount they've given me in addition to the 'Audi Deposit Contribution'?

Thanks.

33 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

Hello Gents,

So basically I after months (if not years) of agonising over new/used, brands, models etc. I have just walked into my local dealer and nearly broken him negotiating my new Audi A5 Sportback.

My question is...as I spent so long haggling the base price, extras etc. I fell into the bloody trap of the crappy insurances they push on you at the very end...I consider myself to be fairly savvy with a good dose of cynicism about salesmen but for some reason I fell for £699 Gap Cover and £399 Alloy wheel cover....DONT ASK ME WHY. I almost felt sorry for him as i'd gotten a deal even better than carwow (car broker site) until then. The paperwork won't be arriving until later on but I have paid the initial £1k deposit.

Can I pull out of these insurances now or will they make life hard for me? I've found the same 2 insurances for £210 combined and feel like a total lemon. I'm sure the salesman will be annoyed which I don't care about but can they go back on the 9% discount they've given me in addition to the 'Audi Deposit Contribution'?

Thanks.

You can cancel them within 14 or 28 days can't remember which. Just ring up the dealer. Audi prices are ridiculous anyway so they have loads of room to discount, coupled with poor sales from VAG dieselgate and people moving away from Audi due to poor reliability and after sales service means you definitely won't have got one over on the salesman. Each to their own though.

7 hours ago, Djemba_Villan said:

Hello Gents,

Thanks.

As Darren says, you have 14 days with all that kind of stuff to cancel. It's a cool down period to avoid exactly what you've described, committing to things in the heat of the moment.

In fairness, AUDI were pretty good about chinning off the insurances. I'm not pretty happy with the deal I have.

Oh and yeah I get the PCP opinions. I had been dead set on a 'nearly new' equivalent for months but decided to change my mind for a number of reasons including a) difficulty in getting the advertised 3% loan interest rates for the 12k or so I'd need to contribute towards my own current funds (due to buying a home within the last few months..my credit score is annoyingly otherwise 900+), b ) recent increase in the number of work miles and pay rise which meant the pressure wasn't as high financially, c) flexibility to get rid of car if needed is a minor benefit...I also generally found that once you take into account the flexibility dealers have with new cars esp if you are a good negotiator, coupled with the fact that demand for 'nearly new' is particularly high these days, it means the difference in overall cost between the two options isn't as stark as it used to be. My new A5, specced to my exact liking, with extras i specifically wanted + negotiated discount came out at £32k sale price. A 1 year old equivalent approved used is £28-29.5k....i'm comfortable with that to be honest. Especially having longer to not worry about MOTs, Servicing, Warranty etc over the period.

Edited by Djemba_Villan

5 hours ago, Djemba_Villan said:

In fairness, AUDI were pretty good about chinning off the insurances. I'm not pretty happy with the deal I have.

Oh and yeah I get the PCP opinions. I had been dead set on a 'nearly new' equivalent for months but decided to change my mind for a number of reasons including a) difficulty in getting the advertised 3% loan interest rates for the 12k or so I'd need to contribute towards my own current funds (due to buying a home within the last few months..my credit score is annoyingly otherwise 900+), b ) recent increase in the number of work miles and pay rise which meant the pressure wasn't as high financially, c) flexibility to get rid of car if needed is a minor benefit...I also generally found that once you take into account the flexibility dealers have with new cars esp if you are a good negotiator, coupled with the fact that demand for 'nearly new' is particularly high these days, it means the difference in overall cost between the two options isn't as stark as it used to be. My new A5, specced to my exact liking, with extras i specifically wanted + negotiated discount came out at £32k sale price. A 1 year old equivalent approved used is £28-29.5k....i'm comfortable with that to be honest. Especially having longer to not worry about MOTs, Servicing, Warranty etc over the period.

I'm due a renewal on my Audi and want to get an A5.

For that price, what are you paying monthly and what deposit did you put down (if you don't mind me asking!)? PM me if you'd prefer (or tell me to F off :D )

Â