Pre match chat

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

So Bruce states we're going to try something different?

I'd play...

Johnstone 

Bree - Chester - Baker

Adomah       Hourihane -  Lansbury   Amavi

Grealish

Hogan        Kodja

Adomah and Amavi given full lisence to bomb on forward. 

this would be radically different from the cautious approach we've witnessed so far. I'm for it, full guns ahead! 85-0 is happening!

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I won't be watching, as I'm attending a quiz for old people. I've been before - at 30, I was the youngest competitor by at least 25 years, and the average age was probably in the low seventies. I'm normally quite good at quizzes, but I do terribly at this one - I just don't know enough about Vera Lynn or Gilbert & Sullivan. 

Obviously, I'll be having a far better time than any of you planning to watch this game. 

went to a quiz night last night. I do believe I had the same disadvantage. Good luck and enjoy it! At least it won't leave you with the same amount of dispair usually provided by wtinessing our beloved club attempt sports.

• Like 1

Jedi & Lansbury out

So I'd go

GK

Elphick Chester Baker

Bree             Gardner         Amavi

Adomah         Hourihane

Hogan Kodjia

I think SB will go

SJ

Bree Chester Baker Taylor

Adomah Gardner Hourihane Green

Hogan Kodjia

3 hours ago, PieFacE said:

So Bruce states we're going to try something different?

I'd play...

Johnstone 

Bree - Chester - Baker

Adomah       Hourihane -  Lansbury   Amavi

Grealish

Hogan        Kodja

Adomah and Amavi given full lisence to bomb on forward. 

Ooh, I really like that apart from Bree being thrown in being right CB.

I am really not sure what Bruce will do. I don't think Green deserves to be dropped, but there is no way Kodjia misses out. 

6dacfba276252d9ee80a6b57e8e5e3bc.png

What I can see Bruce going with:

73ec7a20144995659aef82acfc8f2031.png

I honestly think if we start another match without a real DM, we will lose badly again. The 3-5-2 actually seems like the best bet at the moment. 

3 hours ago, osmark86 said:

went to a quiz night last night. I do believe I had the same disadvantage. Good luck and enjoy it! At least it won't leave you with the same amount of dispair usually provided by wtinessing our beloved club attempt sports.

Me too.  We came second and each won a packet of biscuits.  Disappointed that I got England's second winningest manager wrong though.

• Like 1

It's poor tactics, not changing things when it's going wrong, players letting the side down and in a couple positions just players who play totally different types of football.

We should be playing it out from the back 75 % of the time but it's hoof 75% of the time. 

We have the midfield we wanted so it's time to trust them and use them. Movement and simple passing will get you to the one clever pass for the shot.

Hoof ball becomes 50 50 for the second ball every time

Not too happy to hear that Bruce is bringing Elphick back in. Baker apparently will be dropped which seems an unfair punishment. 

Grealish and Taylor are apparently also going to be put in the line-up with Green, Baker, and Amavi missing out. The other 8 from last match are expected to start again, meaning same bloody tactics with the same exact midfield. 

Hogan also won't start. 

41 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Me too.  We came second and each won a packet of biscuits.  Disappointed that I got England's second winningest manager wrong though.

Biscuits at an old person's quiz.  Ginger nuts or bourbons  ?

6 minutes ago, BOF said:

Biscuits at an old person's quiz.  Ginger nuts or bourbons  ?

Can't quite remember (beers) but came in a posh box.  Ginger oatmeal type possibly.

Anyway, back on topic - just been watching Hogan's youtubes and got myself all excited again.  Maybe, just maybe, this will be the match where it clicks.  

Bunn; Bree Elphick Baker Taylor; Lansbury Green Hoorihan Adomah; Hogan, Kodja. 

As many changes as is plausible really. I suspect Elphick and Bunn are unlikely though. 

2-0 Forest, not sure there's enough time to reverse the calamity of Brentford. But who knows, mustn't pre judge too much, maybe February we'll see our first decent performance for 90 minutes since Bruce came in.

Let's hope we actually score a goal as there is no doubt in my mind there will be a period of play tomorrow which we will dominate as we have done in most of our games but don't take the chances, Forest will probably go up the other end and make it 1-0.

We must take our chances whilst we are on top.

442 tomorrow. Start Hogan and Kodjia and they will be so worried about them 2 it gives our midfield a chance to re boot. 

If they persist with 433 and hoof ball to Kodjia things gonna get ugly.

Has anyone confirmed if Lansbury is fit to start? 

I'd go;

Johnstone

Bree - Elphick - Chester - Taylor

Adomah - Hourihane - Grealish - Green

Hogan - Kodjia

Would like to see Russian on bench, although I don't think hes fit?

Edited by Fowlersrs