Pre match chat

Demitri_C

I won't be watching, as I'm attending a quiz for old people. I've been before - at 30, I was the youngest competitor by at least 25 years, and the average age was probably in the low seventies. I'm normally quite good at quizzes, but I do terribly at this one - I just don't know enough about Vera Lynn or Gilbert & Sullivan. 

Obviously, I'll be having a far better time than any of you planning to watch this game. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

Can't believe I forgot to recommend a starting 11! Here it is:

------------------Armstrong-------------------------

--Humphries---Corden--O'Briain--Deayton----

----------------------Paxman------------------------

---------Parsons--------------Coren-Mitchell----

-------------------Gascoigne (B.)------------------

-------------Murnaghan----Walsh----------------

Armstrong in goals to take advantage of his strong arms, Gascoigne (B.) given a free role in midfield of course, and Coren-Mitchell to use her pace down the wing and show the opposition a clear pair of heels (PHWOAR). 

9 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

We'll see this IMO. I'd rather see a midfield 3 with Jedi sitting behind Hourihane/Lansbury though.

avfc.jpg

Big opportunity tomorrow for Gardner with Jedi out - with decent players around him he might actually do well.

Right. Lets get our positive on.

The Brentford match was an anomaly - a freak combination of factors such as too many new players at once, an underestimation of Barny's unfitness, underlying confidence issues, the Hogan transfer hanging over us, confused tactics, the existence of alan Hutton, Chester having a 90 minute brain fart and Brentford playing some wonderful football to stick it to the big boys (fair play to them).

Tomorrow will be different. The same perfect storm will not occur. We have very good players. We will be playing on a bigger pitch. Bruce will have learned some things from Brentford. If our best 11 go out there and perform we will win.

Come on Villa, lets do this.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mottaloo said:

We're away. It's on sky. However....if I am correct, mccormack and Tshibola are ineligible so that alone gives me the confidence for a decent result.

Probably :unsure:

McCormack & Tshibola were not available for any of our other away opponents this season either :ph34r::unsure::P

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rubberman said:

I admire your optimism.

I just dont get it. We arent cursed. How can we buy all the leagues best players, good manager, phenomenal training facilities, top training staff, best supporters in the land. AND STILL LOSE!

If this was Championship Manger I would have thrown my PC out the window by now

4 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

I just dont get it. We arent cursed. How can we buy all the leagues best players, good manager, phenomenal training facilities, top training staff, best supporters in the land. AND STILL LOSE!

If this was Championship Manger I would have thrown my PC out the window by now

Because we keep changing it.  Now admittedly this is the first time we've had a proven manager in a long while, but the one thing missing from your formula above is TIME.  And that's where we come in.

• Like 2

This is what i would like to see. 

Dont think it would be wise to start 2 new fullbacks away from home though. Also think with Jedi guarding the back 4, CH and HL will get more of a chance to create.

Woudn't be surprised to see Amavi ahead of Taylor to give the left some support

1.png

Edited by Hairdo
Embedded wrongly
  • Like 1

So Bruce states we're going to try something different?

I'd play...

Johnstone 

Bree - Chester - Baker

Adomah       Hourihane -  Lansbury   Amavi

Grealish

Hogan        Kodja

Adomah and Amavi given full lisence to bomb on forward. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2