Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I think if this guy was played/used correctly under a manager that has a clue we would see this guy bang many more goals in than he has so far.

He is a player who needs that kind of service (Defoe/Vardy) to get the goals.

I still don't understand why Bruce brought him if he ain't going to attempt to play the player properly in system that compliments his style.

Instead we have all defensive minded midfielders who only like passing sideways or backwards for a boring long ball.

If we are promoted somehow this season under Bruce il be amazed.

I want us to but with so much ineptitude displayed so far from Bruce I wouldn't put a tramps money on us this season while Bruce maintains mediocore minded football.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I think With Jack or Onomah behind him (I think Jack would be better), he might get some service. It's the only way I can think we can get Hogan into a game. 

That's part of the problem. 

Having such a limited player he needs to be brought into the game by others. I mean even gabby is able to get into the game, he might be shit and not much will happen but desire, effort and a few of the basics allow him to get into the game. 

Hogan is just non existent out there. Literally a waste of a player.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DCJonah said:

That's part of the problem. 

Having such a limited player he needs to be brought into the game by others. I mean even gabby is able to get into the game, he might be shit and not much will happen but desire, effort and a few of the basics allow him to get into the game. 

Hogan is just non existent out there. Literally a waste of a player.

I think there's something to be said for having a goalscorer if you're able to create them loads of chances. I don't think we will ever be that team though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

That clip of his goals from 16/17 shows a player with terrific sharpness and confidence. He has neither at the moment. It's like AC Milan Shevchenko vs Chelsea Shevchenko. 

He needs a goal soon. And then another goal soon after. I reckon he'll go out on loan in January

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 06/11/2017 at 16:51, YLN said:

That clip of his goals from 16/17 shows a player with terrific sharpness and confidence. He has neither at the moment. It's like AC Milan Shevchenko vs Chelsea Shevchenko. 

He needs a goal soon. And then another goal soon after. I reckon he'll go out on loan in January

I think he’s heading back to the bees in a cut price deal - you just watch them start flying in again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2017 at 10:50, Stevo985 said:

I'm still not convinced.

Bruce started Snodgrass, injured or not. And Snodgrass hadn't exactly had a terrible game up until that point. In fact I think he'd done ok.

I think Bruce knew he needed to change things, didn't want to bring Hogan off and knew he could use the ribs as an excuse to bring Snodgrass off.

 

That is, of course, a complete guess :D 

Before Snoddy was substituted, he took the ball down with his chest and turned around in clear pain (in my opinion :))

I thought he was mad at himself for forgetting his injury and doing that.

Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/11/2017 at 11:08, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think if this guy was played/used correctly under a manager that has a clue we would see this guy bang many more goals in than he has so far.

I like Hogan, I really hope he comes good - but the more time passes, the more I think this widely held belief about the teams playing style is a myth.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 05/11/2017 at 13:45, PieFacE said:

 

I mean look at the majority of the goals here, they come from a midfield "through ball" pass. I don't think I've seen our midfield attempt one of these to Hogan. 

Chalk and cheese to the player we are witnessing now. It’s a shame as I think everyone is willing him to do well here. Some of the balls played through in that clip were unreal, and not something I’ve seen Villa do for years!

Quite ironic that the music in that video is titled ‘Where are you now?’ I believe!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the way we play .....a lone wolf like Kodjia is the only way a striker is going to get many goals for us.

it doesn't go unnoticed that Bristol City lose strikers Kodjia, Abrahams and then Bobby Reid just steps up the plate to keeps the goals flowing, and he is not even the same stature.

it strikes me its the style and comittment to attack that is the central issue.

Brentford lost Hogan, but they never lost the goals.....but he has.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2017 at 07:18, villan-scott said:

Chalk and cheese to the player we are witnessing now. It’s a shame as I think everyone is willing him to do well here. Some of the balls played through in that clip were unreal, and not something I’ve seen Villa do for years!

Quite ironic that the music in that video is titled ‘Where are you now?’ I believe!

I’ve not seen us play anything remotely resembling the kind of football seen in that video for years, and certainly not under Bruce.

I remain uncertain about Hogans merits as a goal scorer, but couldn’t be more certain he is completely worthless the way we play. 

Which of course begs the question as to who decided he WOULD fit ?

Regardless, get rid and get someone who does - we have to get real back up for Kodjia to stand a chance.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

He will go in Jan I am quite sure of this - Bruce should then offer an appraisal of why be bought Hogan and why he wasn’t able  to get a game out of the player - of course he won’t do this - when ever do they admit they got it wrong 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2017 at 00:24, TRO said:

I think the way we play .....a lone wolf like Kodjia is the only way a striker is going to get many goals for us.

it doesn't go unnoticed that Bristol City lose strikers Kodjia, Abrahams and then Bobby Reid just steps up the plate to keeps the goals flowing, and he is not even the same stature.

it strikes me its the style and comittment to attack that is the central issue.

Brentford lost Hogan, but they never lost the goals.....but he has

This. We need to develop the way we play. It's as simple as that. Hogan is a good finisher. We cannot solely rely on Kodjia for goals.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, vreitti said:

This. We need to develop the way we play. It's as simple as that. Hogan is a good finisher. We cannot solely rely on Kodjia for goals.

My concern is that in order to play more offensively, we will disrupt the defensive capability.

I don't think the players are rounded enough(complete) to do this.

I could be wrong.

I don't think its a case of just sending them out to attack more.....However, i do concede Bruce is a cautious manager, by nature.

ps I still think midfield is not right, not strong enough.

Edited by TRO
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2017 at 23:24, TRO said:

I think the way we play .....a lone wolf like Kodjia is the only way a striker is going to get many goals for us.

it doesn't go unnoticed that Bristol City lose strikers Kodjia, Abrahams and then Bobby Reid just steps up the plate to keeps the goals flowing, and he is not even the same stature.

it strikes me its the style and comittment to attack that is the central issue.

Brentford lost Hogan, but they never lost the goals.....but he has.

From that one can only conclude

Kodjia got Bruce out of jail last season

Despite a slight change in personel (Davis as hold-up player) Kodjia not scoring as often but others chipping in.

Either way Bruce is failing us

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â