Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

There is no doubt he is very limited. No doubt we bought badly. 

But equally no doubt that you can see clear as day why he scored goals for Brentford.

Jack put him through once, with almost the first proper forward pass he’s had since he got here, and he finished well, albeit offside.

How many times, going forward, did Brentford chop and change the play, get men into dangerous areas, look for free men etc ?

How many times did we ?

How many times did we basically just “launch it “ ?

Im not excusing his poor return , he of course should have done much better even if we don’t play “ his way”..... but he’s not been helped one bit.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Living off a cross for a few more weeks then. 

How these types of performances continue to be so strongly defended baffles me.  

His first half performance was very good. He won plenty in the air. Made good runs and worked the back 4. He was a fraction away from scoring his first league goal this season. It didn't surprise me that this happened with Grealish getting plenty of the ball and us pressing high. Once we reverted to type he became anonymous. He is a limited player but his strengths are there to see. If you don't play to them then I cant see why you would ever sign him. It's not his fault we spent the money we did on him and it's not his fault that Bruce doesn't know his arse from his elbow. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

eh?

One good cross aside he was as crap as he usually is.

I disagree and so do many others I have spoken to today. He was very lively and even the commentators mentioned he seemed up for it. 

• Like 1

I don't think he was 'crap' but I don't think he was 'brilliant' either. 

What I have to admit is that he showed more spark than Davis has for weeks. So he should rightfully start on Saturday. Then we'll see if he can keep the same intensity, at least, against a side he doesn't have a point to prove. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't think he was 'crap' but I don't think he was 'brilliant' either. 

What I have to admit is that he showed more spark than Davis has for weeks. So he should rightfully start on Saturday. Then we'll see if he can keep the same intensity, at least, against a side he doesn't have a point to prove. 

I thought he was ‘good’. Unfortunately he’s now under such scrutiny each minute he gets that if it is anything less than excellent he’s getting the rough end of the stick.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

Of all players on both sides who completed 90 mims, hogan once again, had the least amount of touches and the lowest pass completion. 

Once again he was unable to get into the game and when he did have the ball his ability to keep it was poor. 

Bruce is a terrible manager and should be sacked but there is no way he's the main reason Hogan looks so poor. 

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Of all players on both sides who completed 90 mims, hogan once again, had the least amount of touches and the lowest pass completion.

I counted 4 times he chased long balls out for goal kicks. That is clearly not his fault but the system

The only passing move if match we had we scored and he assisted. Nobody has said he was brilliant but the lad is living off scraps

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I counted 4 times he chased long balls out for goal kicks. That is clearly not his fault but the system

The only passing move if match we had we scored and he assisted. Nobody has said he was brilliant but the lad is living off scraps

And the other one he scored albeit he was just offside. The way he finished that shows you what he has. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Bruce is a terrible manager and should be sacked but there is no way he's the main reason Hogan looks so poor.

Disagree. Bruce is solely responsible for the way we setup, which doesn't suit Hogan at all, as we know.

Then again it's an altogether different issue, should we change the way we play, just to suit one player...

Dunno about you, but I'd like to see us try it once at least. Bench all the grafters, play all the footballers. Play a possession game. Play through the middle. Keep the ball. Press high when we loose it. It's not rocket science, but it does entail Bruce can't play all of Jedinak, Whelan, Hutton, Davis, et.al.

• Like 1

Â