Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

20 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Even if we do it just isn't going to work, it takes more than putting a single player behind him. The way we go about our "football" across the whole side, especially with the calibre of players available is disgusting. Hogan is not going to work here, with Hazard, Messi and Neymar behind him he will still be competing for  90 yard punts from fullbacks and chasing lost causes punted into the channel,

No.....but they can score instead:D

14 minutes ago, TRO said:

Oh if was all that simple.......;)

Instead of „keeping it simple“

lets just

1 put our top assister in the stand for the first few games so we lose

2 lets play our hattrick scoring MFer 20yrds deeper so that he cant do it again

3 lets also play all of our „goal-scoring-for-previous-clubs-who-we-paid-a-lot-of-money-for-in-either-transfer-or-wages“ signings in a „not their natural“ position so as to comply with „s’Hit & hope Bruce-ball“

Edited by Grasshopper
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

lets just

3 lets also play all of our „goal-scoring-for-previous-clubs-who-we-paid-a-lot-of-money-for-in-either-transfer-or-wages“ signings in a „not their natural“ position so as to comply with „shit & hope Bruce-ball“

Snnnnnnnnzzzzzzzz

12 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Can't we just play the same players, style and formation we did that night he got 2 goals vs Wigan back in August?  :detect:

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

Too much intelligent logic there

In the wonderful world of Bruceland there is a complete absence of conventional thinking

We don't play sides of the same calibre as Wigan's second team every week now do we. 

29 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It would appear Hogan doesn't play against any team of any calibre these days. :thumb:

Probably because he's utter shite. 

EDIT: That was a bit of a drive by. Maybe he isn't utter shite. But he certainly plays like it, so no, he isn't going to start many games. 

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

lets just

3 lets also play all of our „goal-scoring-for-previous-clubs-who-we-paid-a-lot-of-money-for-in-either-transfer-or-wages“ signings in a „not their natural“ position so as to comply with „s’Hit & hope Bruce-ball“

I have to admit I'm not a fan of Bruce. But some of your posts make me want to defend him. I think you are fair with most points but very harsh with others. 

Things could always be worse.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Probably because he's utter shite. 

EDIT: That was a bit of a drive by. Maybe he isn't utter shite. But he certainly plays like it, so no, he isn't going to start many games. 

Nah, I think he probably is utter shite

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

I apologize if reality puts you to sleep

Siesta is good - just ask the foreigners

GH....just teasing.....I love your posts, even if I disagree with the source of our problems....The actual football problems themselvesI agree with.

I need someone to argue with after a game.....I haven't got a cat to kick.:)

ps to all cat lovers its only meant a a joke....love animals.

I'd imagine it's like going to work every day and not getting any assignements. One day you come in, all others are home sick and you think yes! Today is the day, finally I get to do something! But what happens? The boss calls in a school kid to do the work. You go back home after another day of just sitting around doing nothing, feeling unwanted and useless.

When Scott Hogan joined us last January, I thought he would be a great signing. The only worry seemed to be he had a poor injury record. However the genius of Steve Bruce has overcome this problem. By playing a style of football that doesn’t suit his game, thereby slowly dragging the confidence from him and then barely picking him even when we have no fit strikers he has rendered him virtually useless. So when he is injured now we don’t miss him at all. Steve Bruce, genius!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Firstvhalf play decent football barring wgeelans utter dog dirt pass. Football which would have suited a forward but we didn' play with one. 

Second half put Hogan on and revert to passing it around the left then the middle then back to our keeper to hoof it 

Or pass it to the right then the middle then back to the keeper to hoof it.

What is wrong with keeping the style of play but changing the one up top ? Onomah did nothing so it' not as if it would make any difference to the playing style ?

Hogan been poor to average at best but f me, it' as if the team are trying their best to make sure he has zero chance of scoring

Â