Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Never going to make the grade here so shipping him out on loan and eventually selling him has to be the route forward.

I agree.

Maybe if we can do this with a couple of others too until we get all the undesirables off the books altogether.

There are a small cluster that fall into this catagory.

43 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah all of our players have suddenly thrived since Bruce left. Hogan is banging in goals, the defenders can actually defend and the midfield are controlling games.

Oh wait...

Ours were either ruined before bruce got them here or went to crap as they were playing while under bruce, I put a bet it was the latter.

I'm dieing to see what Bruce does at Wednesday to be honest and how we perform against them while under his control.

I said when we signed him it looks like we need to play football for him to succeed we definitely didn't play that style under Bruce so it was a poor signing in the first place. Comes across as a nice guy and hard worker but think he's not going to turn it around at Villa Park now. Hasn't really got a chance under Smith due to Tammy's success and rightly so.  Best for both parties to move on.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hornso said:

I said when we signed him it looks like we need to play football for him to succeed we definitely didn't play that style under Bruce so it was a poor signing in the first place. Comes across as a nice guy and hard worker but think he's not going to turn it around at Villa Park now. Hasn't really got a chance under Smith due to Tammy's success and rightly so.  Best for both parties to move on.

I don't think it's just Tammy why he won't turn it around, it certainly is also that were chasing promotion as well. Think if anything Smith, the owners would much rather bring another scorer in who's capable of the job that Tammy can do. Tammy has set the bar that high he's on top of the mountain and our other strikers can't even get a foot up, which we so sorely need to address.

11 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's basically had less than a seasons worth of games at this level (32), hardly a good enough sample size to say with confidence that he's actually any good.

I think it shows with a good degree of confidence that he's not any good. If he was he would have played more than 32 games at this level by now. 

11 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

I’m tempted to say it’s the Villa Effect, we seem to make seemingly good players rubbish. 

Tammy doesn't seem to be suffering from this. 

That's the difference. Tammy's a top striker hogan isn't. 

• Like 2

Very surprised he hasn’t had more game time since Dean took over and he hasn’t got him scoring goals.He was excellent for us over what some on here  are calling a purple patch but remember when he joined us looking at his similar purple patch at Rochdale and the goals he scored were very impressive.Would have him back any day if only we could afford him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Tammy doesn't seem to be suffering from this. 

That's the difference. Tammy's a top striker hogan isn't. 

The flip side of this I feel is that if Hogan had got into Tammys positions Hogan would not miss as many of the easier chances, but probably would miss the harder ones Tammy puts away, granted that’s all hypothetical in my mind and it actual real life  haha.

1 hour ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Very surprised he hasn’t had more game time since Dean took over and he hasn’t got him scoring goals.He was excellent for us over what some on here  are calling a purple patch but remember when he joined us looking at his similar purple patch at Rochdale and the goals he scored were very impressive.Would have him back any day if only we could afford him.

We play with a 1 striker system and Abraham has been banging them in for fun.

Not really surprising he's not had a look in.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

You just sold Mepham for £12m beans! - I'm sure if we call it a cool £8m and there could be a deal in there somewhere.  🤔

Never in a million years. Price isn't the issue (necessarily), it's wages. I'd imagine Hogan earns significantly more than Brentford would sanction. 

8 minutes ago, choffer said:

Never in a million years. Price isn't the issue (necessarily), it's wages. I'd imagine Hogan earns significantly more than Brentford would sanction. 

OK OK £7m then, give them £1m for his wages difference over the next 2 years

2 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

The flip side of this I feel is that if Hogan had got into Tammys positions Hogan would not miss as many of the easier chances, but probably would miss the harder ones Tammy puts away, granted that’s all hypothetical in my mind and it actual real life  haha.

How on earth do you arrive at that conclusion - and also its a mighty big if 

• Like 1

Â