Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

Agent Hogan to be deployed to stop Sheffield United's playoff push!  Very underhand but I like it!

I know ...getting rid of hogan is like signing 2 players...hope its in the contract that he has to play ..!!!

As a Bristol City  fan, I’m disappointed that Sheff Utd seem to be signing Hogan, rather than us.

Evidently  most of you think he is pants. Yet most of us have seen him being excellent for Brentford.

So has he dropped radically after his injuries? Or has the “Villa effect” ruined another expensive  acquisition?

Edited by Leveller

2 minutes ago, Leveller said:

As a Bristol City  fan, I’m disappointed that Sheff Utd seem to be signing Hogan, rather than us.

Evidently  most of you think he is pants. Yet most of us have seen him being excellent for Brentford.

So has he dropped radically after his injuries? Or has the “Villa effect” ruined another expensive  acquisition?

He just isn't very good. He barely touches the ball, his first touch and passing is abysmal and his finishing is vastly overrated. 

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He just isn't very good. He barely touches the ball, his first touch and passing is abysmal and his finishing is vastly overrated. 

But he used to be excellent. So what happened?

3 minutes ago, Leveller said:

I think he had a purple spell where the design of the team, confidence and manager's faith all aligned for him to do well. One hit wonder. Partly he has been unllucky initially, as after buying him, Bruce played him in a completely different formation, asking different roles that he was ill suited to play in the first place, which was therefore a waste of everyone's time.

Confidence dropped, some injuries, and lack of chance to settle into a side geared up for him have done the rest. Now he's behind Tammy Abraham, ( obviously ) and offers nothing new. Even with Dean Smith here, he's evidently not impressing well enough in training. I don't like to see players struggle or fail so I hope he does do well - aside from where it hinders Villa obviously - elsewhere, but I suspect he peaked and was sold when his value was at it's highest

Gets some of his wages off the book at least. 

If he does find his shooting boots at least someone (relegated team?) may take a punt in the summer but more likely he comes back here after scoring very little and we keep paying him till his contract expires. 

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He had one small spell of excellence. The fact is he is not an excellent player at this level. 

But two clubs currently above you in the table are apparently fighting over him. Interesting.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Leveller said:

He was never really excellent, he had 1 patch of fantastic form that he has never come close to repeating as he lacks certain attributes, such as the ability to control the ball, or pass, or shoot, or head it. Other than that he's OK, apart from being quite injury prone

37 minutes ago, Leveller said:

But two clubs currently above you in the table are apparently fighting over him. Interesting.

Chelsea were at one point last season trying to sign Crouch and Andy Carroll last January. It's a window with very much short term ideas.

January for a good few years now has been the "who is someone shit enough that clubs will be willing to let leave who can maybe hopefully possibly do a job" window

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

I think he had a purple spell where the design of the team, confidence and manager's faith all aligned for him to do well. One hit wonder. Partly he has been unllucky initially, as after buying him, Bruce played him in a completely different formation, asking different roles that he was ill suited to play in the first place, which was therefore a waste of everyone's time.

Confidence dropped, some injuries, and lack of chance to settle into a side geared up for him have done the rest. Now he's behind Tammy Abraham, ( obviously ) and offers nothing new. Even with Dean Smith here, he's evidently not impressing well enough in training. I don't like to see players struggle or fail so I hope he does do well - aside from where it hinders Villa obviously - elsewhere, but I suspect he peaked and was sold when his value was at it's highest

One hit wonder like Vanilla ice??

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Steve Bruce...

:ph34r:

Yes wait till 1st February and sheffield Wednesday, take note of how many players get ruined and get binned.

14 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Yes wait till 1st February and sheffield Wednesday, take note of how many players get ruined and get binned.

Yeah all of our players have suddenly thrived since Bruce left. Hogan is banging in goals, the defenders can actually defend and the midfield are controlling games.

Oh wait...

Â