Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

I was really excited when we signed him, then just when I was about to give up, he had that good run of form of 4 goals in a few games. then Grabban came in and it ended his involvement.

He's not doing enough, but then, how often does someone get him the ball in a promising area? The only chances we really create are punting it in to the box, which is great for Tammy, but Hogan's never going to thrive on that.

I'd get rid and cut our losses, but I think his failure here is as much to do with the way we play as it is his fault. I wonder if Bruce had even seen him play when he signed him.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I was really excited when we signed him, then just when I was about to give up, he had that good run of form of 4 goals in a few games. then Grabban came in and it ended his involvement.

He's not doing enough, but then, how often does someone get him the ball in a promising area? The only chances we really create are punting it in to the box, which is great for Tammy, but Hogan's never going to thrive on that.

I'd get rid and cut our losses, but I think his failure here is as much to do with the way we play as it is his fault. I wonder if Bruce had even seen him play when he signed him.

Everyone else seems to be ok. 

He is the issue. Him only. 

• Like 1

He just... runs.

the ball bounces off him.

he barely bothers to jump to challenge for a header.

cant hold it up.

unless the ball lands squarely at his feet for a tap in, he might as well not be on the pitch.

need to part-ex him ASAP 

A 2k per week footballer at best earning 18x more than he is worth.

Welcome to the wonderful world of AVFC.

A club dishing out premier league wages because nobody nobody at the top has got the memo we are a mediocre second rate outfit living on past glories.

30k+ per week for this doughnut tells you everything that is wrong here. 

Too many on easy street. 

The worst thing is that he is on half the wages of our highest earners. 

Until everyone over 15k per week at this club has gone you are going to get not much more than a minimum effort. 

Leeds and Norwich are at the top and I can assure everyone they ain't paying 30k never mind 75k per week we are paying some of our so called stars.

• Like 2

What the hell is wrong with him?

Why does he have to look at defenders when he's running over to challenge for a header/long ball? Why does he make his over there so slowly?

How can his technique be this bad?

Years left on 40k a week. Jesus Christ.

On 12/10/2018 at 03:25, sir_gary_cahill said:

I wouldn’t write him off, Dean Smith got the best out of him at Brentford and hopefully he can do the same here, Hogan was excellent for Brentford 

Hogan scored in 100% of his League Cup matches last season, albeit 3 matches.

He also scored 6 goals from 37 Championship matches, but what that stat excludes is that only 19 of those appearances saw him in the starting XI, with 18 as a sub.

Whether it is 1 every game from the cup, 1 in 6 from the Championship, or 1 in 4 as an overall average. While hardly prolific, he is hardly as poor as people make out.

This was all under Bruce as well, which no striker flourished under except perhaps Grabban, who scored 1 in 2. It's so premature to judge what Hogan can do with Smith.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I have a feeling Hogan will be on the books until his contract runs out.  He was very lucky to get such a lucrative move after half a season of good football. 

Absolutely. 

Either that or I can see him going to America with us stumping up half his wages.

42 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I have a feeling Hogan will be on the books until his contract runs out.  He was very lucky to get such a lucrative move after half a season of good football. 

It's the villa way. £12m on a player we can't give away. 

Â