Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

26 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

Sadly were going to need him , hopefully DS will get somthing out of him !

TBF he need a run in the team with the new attacking intent he may prosper , he has done it before!!

We have Kodjia, Davis and Doris the tea lady before we need Hogan.

I'd actually rather have a semi sober Ross McCormack over this twun

• Like 2

No chance he'll fill the Tammy void.

That early chance Abraham buries and well missed chances change games.

Today was a big red flag. Rely on our existing options to try to replace Tammy and we won't finish top 6.

If you lose a top striker you need to go out and find another one, either from premier league or abroad. We should've learnt this from Benteke leaving.

1 hour ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

Sadly were going to need him , hopefully DS will get somthing out of him !

TBF he need a run in the team with the new attacking intent he may prosper , he has done it before!!

So has Bruce, but that didn't save him.

I've been one of those to defend him in the past, had mates bash him but I've always said he makes the clever runs, we haven't used him effectively etc etc.

My patience however is now totally gone. Thought after Jan/Feb last season where he chipped in with a few goals maybe we'd start to see the best of him but he hasn't been able to kick on, injuries or no injuries. You might as well have a broom up front. In a situation where he has to take his chances he simply must put that sitter away in the first half but he's volleyed it straight at the keeper from six yards. He isn't anywhere near involved enough in games and most of it seems to pass him by.

Granted they are different players, but look at the impact Davis made in 20 minutes compared to Hogan in 70. It isn't going to happen for him at Villa and I don't think excuses can be made anymore.

50 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

No chance he'll fill the Tammy void.

That early chance Abraham buries and well missed chances change games.

Today was a big red flag. Rely on our existing options to try to replace Tammy and we won't finish top 6.

If you lose a top striker you need to go out and find another one, either from premier league or abroad. We should've learnt this from Benteke leaving.

Tammy Abraham should be blasting us to promotion....instead of that, he was just keeping the wheels on and making our results look respectable...much the same with Jack...we have wasted the talent with poor players around them.

These players are no fools....they know, the others are dining out on them.

We need a clear out....how we do it I have no idea, but there are too many sub standard players in our squad masquerading as promotion hopefuls....we also have too many players with the same attributes and lacking in area's that no one can cover.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Avcol said:

I've been one of those to defend him in the past, had mates bash him but I've always said he makes the clever runs, we haven't used him effectively etc etc.

My patience however is now totally gone. Thought after Jan/Feb last season where he chipped in with a few goals maybe we'd start to see the best of him but he hasn't been able to kick on, injuries or no injuries. You might as well have a broom up front. In a situation where he has to take his chances he simply must put that sitter away in the first half but he's volleyed it straight at the keeper from six yards. He isn't anywhere near involved enough in games and most of it seems to pass him by.

Granted they are different players, but look at the impact Davis made in 20 minutes compared to Hogan in 70. It isn't going to happen for him at Villa and I don't think excuses can be made anymore.

Look I can think of 2 small forwards who was able to make up for their size.....Craig Bellemy and David Speedie....not only were they quick, they were tenacious and scrapped for everything...they ratted for their opportunities.

Scott is passive and trots around aimlessly, no drive....a decision has to be made with players like this.

• Like 2

Â