Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

The Leeds bench entirely consisted of their youth players today.  Clarke came on for them, and instantly made an impact.  Hogan and Bjarnason came on, and were as useless as they usually are.  Why not give O'Hare a chance, he'd have been no worse than that pair of useless turds, and might actually have given the team a lift.

• Like 1

If only we had a manager who could get the best out of him......oh hang on.

Can only conclude DS has watched him in training and quickly realised his confidence is totally shot compared to at Brentford so hence he's stayed as the bit part player he was under SB.

Certainly one I'd let go in January if any club offers 4-5m. Even that sounds optimistic.

• Like 1

It seems like I’m in a minority of one but I think he can come good here under DS. Hogan was excellent under DS at Brentford and I see no reason why he can’t do the same here. Hogan’s confidence probably isn’t the best at the minute but I think he can rediscover his form here

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

It seems like I’m in a minority of one but I think he can come good here under DS. Hogan was excellent under DS at Brentford and I see no reason why he can’t do the same here. Hogan’s confidence probably isn’t the best at the minute but I think he can rediscover his form here

Because by the time this does happen, we should (hopefully) be in the *PL by that stage and thus meaning he will not be good enough at that level either.

So imho it's another one for the door come June*.

On 23/12/2018 at 17:14, OutByEaster? said:

I thought it was the right substitution today - Jansson was struggling and a bit of pace around him was a good idea. We didn't seem able to find a ball that would make use of that. The one where he was running down the keeper, again I've got some sympathy, if the keeper hadn't slipped there was no chance of Hogan getting it to it, he gave up on it just as the slip happened and had to go again. 

He's not the answer, but I don't think he did anything particularly wrong today.

Always an excuse given for Hogan isn't there, I don't get it he's given us nothing to warrant why some fans will always find an excuse for him. But with other players 1 mistake and they are the worst player ever

• Like 1

I may have imagined this But in the press conference he specifically said that the team didn’t play to Hogan’s strengths when he came on ... and that they should know his strengths considering they’d played with him for two years. 

Hogan will be very important for us towards the end of the season and next season if we don’t go up.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

I may have imagined this But in the press conference he specifically said that the team didn’t play to Hogan’s strengths when he came on ... and that they should know his strengths considering they’d played with him for two years. 

Hogan will be very important for us towards the end of the season and next season if we don’t go up.

The only way Hogan will be important for us is if we sell him for a big enough price that we can get a good player. 

Loving the excuses though, so Bruce didn't play to his strengths, now the only manager that got any kind of form out of him doesn't play to his strengths. 

Edited by Stuartc445
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Because by the time this does happen, we should (hopefully) be in the *PL by that stage and thus meaning he will not be good enough at that level either.

So imho it's another one for the door come June*.

PL? I think that ship has sailed mate, I’d be surprised if we got promoted now, given the form we are currently in. Hopefully, Smith can turn it around 

The manager was basically saying that the players on the pitch are not playing to his strengths. 

He clearly knows Hogan’s strengths having got the best out of him at Brentford.

Once Smith gets more of his players in, I’m confident that we’ll see much more of the Hogan that we thought we’d bought.

I’m not even going to deal with the Bruce comment. It takes a special kind of idiot to blow 12m on a player so wholly unsuited to a one dimensional, lump it up the pitch “style” of play.

17 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

The manager was basically saying that the players on the pitch are not playing to his strengths. 

He clearly knows Hogan’s strengths having got the best out of him at Brentford.

Once Smith gets more of his players in, I’m confident that we’ll see much more of the Hogan that we thought we’d bought.

I’m not even going to deal with the Bruce comment. It takes a special kind of idiot to blow 12m on a player so wholly unsuited to a one dimensional, lump it up the pitch “style” of play.

But we are no longer lumping it up the field we are playing the style of football that allegedly should be suited to him, and he's still useless. 

We've played hoof ball it didn't work, we are now playing the free flowing football and it's not working, I'm not sure what other styles that are left. 

Oh and BTW if Smith gets attacking players in January then we have serious problems as the attack doesn't need anything done, January should be all about defence and nothing else. 

Edited by Stuartc445

Scott hasn’t really had a chance yet under Smith due to Tammy’s great form. He’s typically been a late sub.

An attacking high press, recycling the ball quickly bolaise, kodj and or Ghazi will work for Tammy.

To get the best out of Hogan though you need to be playing through balls through the middle and the only player we currently have who can really do that for him is Jack. O’Hare has the potential to do that too.

Either way, the issue against Leeds second half wasn’t Scott. We didn’t have the ball and when we did get the ball we didn’t keep it well enough. Towards the end we started panicking and reverting to “Bruceball” - smith has only had a couple of months to influence some players who have been playing hoof ball for years and quite frankly some players that are not capable of playing this way.

We need to strengthen the defence clearly but I doubt smith will just be focussing  on that. I’d wager he’s looking at getting ball playing defenders that can contribute to the Attack as much as they can defend. 

Going back to Hogan, there really is no point in selling him unless someone makes a stupid offer - which they won’t. He’s a luxury player at this level if the team is not built around him but could give us great variety in Attack with Tammy, Kodj IF the players become intelligent enough to realise that we have to mix up our normal style to get the best out of him.

52 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Scott hasn’t really had a chance yet under Smith due to Tammy’s great form. He’s typically been a late sub.

An attacking high press, recycling the ball quickly bolaise, kodj and or Ghazi will work for Tammy.

To get the best out of Hogan though you need to be playing through balls through the middle and the only player we currently have who can really do that for him is Jack. O’Hare has the potential to do that too.

Either way, the issue against Leeds second half wasn’t Scott. We didn’t have the ball and when we did get the ball we didn’t keep it well enough. Towards the end we started panicking and reverting to “Bruceball” - smith has only had a couple of months to influence some players who have been playing hoof ball for years and quite frankly some players that are not capable of playing this way.

We need to strengthen the defence clearly but I doubt smith will just be focussing  on that. I’d wager he’s looking at getting ball playing defenders that can contribute to the Attack as much as they can defend. 

Going back to Hogan, there really is no point in selling him unless someone makes a stupid offer - which they won’t. He’s a luxury player at this level if the team is not built around him but could give us great variety in Attack with Tammy, Kodj IF the players become intelligent enough to realise that we have to mix up our normal style to get the best out of him.

As I've said before some will make endless excuses for Hogan so it's pointless arguing with them.

As for Smith January is when I start to judge him, if we get anything other then defenders that I'll have concerns. The signing of a new keeper has given me hope. 

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He will get a run in the cup, and a chance to gain some confidence and form.

Good, I still think he can be an asset to us, I think Smith does too, he hasn’t really worked out for him here, he’s shown glimpses of talent at times. I think he can flourish under Smith

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Good, I still think he can be an asset to us, I think Smith does too, he hasn’t really worked out for him here, he’s shown glimpses of talent at times. I think he can flourish under Smith

Glimpses of complete and utter shite more like.

Â