Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Think Kodjia will be sold fairly quickly under Smith. 

Really?

I actually think he has potential to bang in a tonne load of goals with slick movement and passing.

Then again, Smiths type of play does not afford the type of selfishness he is prone to.

Is that the reason for your view?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Really?

I actually think he has potential to bang in a tonne load of goals with slick movement and passing.

Then again, Smiths type of play does not afford the type of selfishness he is prone to.

Is that the reason for your view?

Yup. 

I see Smith implementing focus on work rate and the focus of being a team. I don't think Kodjia comes close to what he wants from a striker or a winger. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Yup. 

I see Smith implementing focus on work rate and the focus of being a team. I don't think Kodjia comes close to what he wants from a striker or a winger. 

I think you are right.

However Kodj has drifted in to no mans land, like many others, like Hogan.....He may get a new lease of life....the boy has talent, its just unearthing it and getting it to be effective as opposed to cosmetic....he has become a show pony as opposed to an effective striker.

Enter Dean Smith.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

IF Kodija gets on board with the new system he could be a massive plus, he's got good enough feet for it, he could be in between the lines on the left of a 3 up front, Abraham/Hogan in the middle and Bolasie down the right. Grealish just behind them and McGinn + Hourihane in the middle. It would be asking a lot of the full backs, and it would mean not playing a dedicated screening/holding midfielder but we'd be monstrous going forward and be able to knock it around nicely and give a good final through ball to 1 of kodija, Abraham/Hogan or Bolasie to do some damage when the opportunity arose....

If Kodija stays as a bit of a cul de sac then he will be out of the team, he'll need to be playing some one and two touch stuff edge of the box to make a chance for himself or someone else. Don't see why he's not still a big asset though. If Smith can get the best out of Hogan again it gives us so many options up top, it's great problem to have if we have Abraham, Hogan and Kodija all scoring when called upon. 

12 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

He's going to have to move the ball a lot quicker than he currently does.  If he does, there's a place for him in the team. 

They will all need to move the ball much quicker to survive.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Thanks, appreciate that. I just needed to wait out the inevitable failure of Xia and Bruce! 

Yeah....I'm glad you are back too Trent as a poster....we don't always agree, buts that the nature of the beast....sometimes things get lost in context...but hey ho.

I still respect your views and your writing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

Yeah....I'm glad you are back too Trent as a poster....we don't always agree, buts that the nature of the beast....sometimes things get lost in context...but hey ho.

I still respect your views and your writing.

Cheers mate echo the above - we don't always agree and sometimes its me that has something wrong ;) (joke... just a joke)

I always respect your opinion even if I don't always agree, especially as its consistent, measured and always well reasoned irrespective if I agree or not. That is what this site is about and when you have people like that with differing views when its at its best.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Cheers mate echo the above - we don't always agree and sometimes its me that has something wrong ;) (joke... just a joke)

I always respect your opinion even if I don't always agree, especially as its consistent, measured and always well reasoned irrespective if I agree or not. That is what this site is about and when you have people like that with differing views when its at its best.

Shut up nerd. 

19 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I get that Hogan has been a flop here so far, but I really struggle why you are so negative on him now smith has come in. I’d like to hope smith plays him right and we start getting a return on our investment. A fit and firing Hogan can only be a benefit to the team 

We will see..no hiding place now is there

I think his work rate and speed at closing down defenders was very valuable. At this level putting defenders under pressure causes them to make mistakes and turn over possession. I don’t see us pressing and getting the ball back as quickly lately. We  give the opposition too much time and space. Our slow build up play and poor passing usually sideways didn’t help him.

we now have lots of forwards who have all to play for. can’t wait to see who takes their opportunities.

6 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Just adding a bit.

Trent ,The fascinating thing about this site is.....We can be fervent about our point and that is what we all want...a bit of passion in what we think

but when someone comes along and writes something that makes you think again and revisit your own point......whats wrong in changing you opinion?( not saying you think its wrong by the way, just a figure of speech)

There are some good writers on here and it certainly gives us all food for thought.

I respect your longstanding opinion on SB....and on reflection you should be applauded.....as much as it disappointed me, I did eventually come around to your way of thinking.

personally, I liked Steve......but its all history now.....and just looking forward to Dean having his unfair share of luck.

UTV

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Just adding a bit.

Trent ,The fascinating thing about this site is.....We can be fervent about our point and that is what we all want...a bit of passion in what we think

but when someone comes along and writes something that makes you think again and revisit your own point......whats wrong in changing you opinion?( not saying you think its wrong by the way, just a figure of speech)

There are some good writers on here and it certainly gives us all food for thought.

I respect your longstanding opinion on SB....and on reflection you should be applauded.....as much as it disappointed me, I did eventually come around to your way of thinking.

personally, I liked Steve......but its all history now.....and just looking forward to Dean having his unfair share of luck.

UTV

I take absolutely no pleasure in being right about him mate but I will if I'm right about Smith. ?

And nothing wrong with people changing their opinion in my book.

• Like 2

Â