Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

Just accidentally clicked on the first page of this thread and so decided to go on to when he first played for us. People were really impressed with him and talk of his excellent runs, pace and finishing were in abundance. He was playing up front with Kodjia at the time. Anyone think that partnership could be fruitful for us?

18 hours ago, omariqy said:

Just accidentally clicked on the first page of this thread and so decided to go on to when he first played for us. People were really impressed with him and talk of his excellent runs, pace and finishing were in abundance. He was playing up front with Kodjia at the time. Anyone think that partnership could be fruitful for us?

I think its down to scottie to score some goals.

The list of prerequisites, (he must play along side Davis, with O hare behind , can't play up top on his own, Kjodia won't pass to him etc )   - quite simply its down to him. FFS chris Sama is outscoring him with around 20 minutes playing up front !

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

A blockage in the bowel that needs operating on isn't usually a good thing eh? get well soon. No wonder he's looked under par. Just awful timing though for us and him.

he hasn't looked under par - its the way we set up  :) 

10 hours ago, PaulC said:

I thought it was the stomach and happened during the Ireland v Denmark game not before so couldn't have affected his performances, but maybe I am wrong

he didnt play though. Maybe it happened in training or something thats been bothering him a while. Either way.. hes not an option now. 

I hope RHM is close to fitness. RHM and Davis uptop. Why not. Could do worse. (Gabby and Samba!!)

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Probably down to the shit service he has got here.

Or down to him being bang average. Or down to him not taking his chances when he gets them. Or down to him getting few chances because he's bang average. Or down to him being unable or unwilling to make any adjustment to his style of play. 

I think he's a bit shit, is what I'm saying. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Or down to him being bang average. Or down to him not taking his chances when he gets them. Or down to him getting few chances because he's bang average. Or down to him being unable or unwilling to make any adjustment to his style of play. 

I think he's a bit shit, is what I'm saying. 

Whilst he has been shite here it's clear that he was knee jerk signing and Bruce did not have a real plan for him. He has never played in a system that would go anywhere near to getting the best out of him, as he demonstrated at his previous club. 

• 2 weeks later...

Scott Hogans problems go beyond who he is playing with or alongside.

He has to find a way of scoring goals.....a good start, would be beating an opponent, in any way he can.

i have been watching some of the smaller stature strikers from our opponents and they are more competive in close.....lewis grabban, Martin Waghorn, joe Garner.

He has to sort it out or look at the exit door.

it does look like a confidence issue to me.....he has to work his ***** off to make himself that bit of luck to get himself going....look at the impetus Albert has created for himself.

its not impossibe.....but he has to up his effort.....getting closer to his man and more physical might help.

just a thought.....If Keinan continues to play deeper as the target man (as i believe he has been asked to,) but Scott played on the last shoulder, he may get get more joy.

Edited by TRO

On 14/11/2017 at 15:55, omariqy said:

I think he needs to get regular first team football somewhere else on loan.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Why? He needs regular football to get his confidence back. He won't get it at Villa this season.

A number of reasons

1. If we sell him we have funds to replace him

2. Loaning means a player departs leaving us in the striking department already a area we are short in

3. Let's say we do get promoted hogan going on loan wouldn't have benefited us at all as hogan isn't scoring in championship so he would probably flop in premier league 

i think keeping or selling is better than loaning. Just don't see how that benefits us

Â