Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He is a £15k player on £35k-£40k a week.
We'll get nuttin'

Thats the stumbling block. No way he will take a pay cut to leave. Guess it’s loans until he is released. 

Another disaster of a signing, the kind hopefully we’ve seen the end of with a dof in charge of transfers. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

He's now had the only manager that ever got some quality out of him and it's still not worked.

Then the excuse was the system was wrong, but he's going to Sheff Utd where their system is better so it will suit him!

But it's still not working.

I'm looking forward to the next excuse.

I like the guy. He has a good attitude and a good workrate.
But he's not a very good striker at this level. He's living on a 6 month purple patch.

Gosh - if you like Hogan I dread to think what you would do to someone you don't like ??

Lacks the necessary aggression to make things happen....too passive...lacks drive and devilment.

I understand he has lost confidence.....but the things above help you get it back.....if players want things on a plate, they could be waiting a long time.

you have to help yourself in this game.

Edited by TRO

On 05/03/2019 at 18:38, Vive_La_Villa said:

Thats the stumbling block. No way he will take a pay cut to leave. Guess it’s loans until he is released. 

Another disaster of a signing, the kind hopefully we’ve seen the end of with a dof in charge of transfers. 

I keep seeing this written season after season, so yeah with a decent DOF in the seat hopefully this is the last of the 'Stupidity'.

Speaks volumes he starts today and not against Wednesday. Can see why they signed him, little outlay and he can be the difference when in games they will dominate at home and in theory get those crucial home 3 pts.

Decent player to have in your arsenal.

You just don't pay 12m for the words removed.

played 45 minutes last night and was then subbed - for David McGoldrick - who did score.

https://astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/official-scott-hogan-loan-update/

scott Hogan played 45 minutes against Brentford on Tuesday night and is still awaiting his first goal for Sheffield United. Hogan was replaced by David McGoldrick who scored the Blades’ second of the game and must be frustrated that his stint at Sheffield bears a resemblance to how things went at Villa Park.

The 26-year-old has started all three games since agreeing the loan move in January but has failed to score and has made just one assist. Hogan failed to register a shot on target against Brentford, didn’t create a chance for a teammate and completed only four passes before his substitution.

He hasn’t seen much of the ball in Sheffield United colours either, making only 17 completed passes in 226 minutes of Championship football – one-per-13 minutes/6.7-per-game.

Edited by hippo
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, hippo said:

played 45 minutes last night and was then subbed - for David McGoldrick - who did score.

scott Hogan played 45 minutes against Brentford on Tuesday night and is still awaiting his first goal for Sheffield United. Hogan was replaced by David McGoldrick who scored the Blades’ second of the game and must be frustrated that his stint at Sheffield bears a resemblance to how things went at Villa Park.

The 26-year-old has started all three games since agreeing the loan move in January but has failed to score and has made just one assist. Hogan failed to register a shot on target against Brentford, didn’t create a chance for a teammate and completed only four passes before his substitution.

He hasn’t seen much of the ball in Sheffield United colours either, making only 17 completed passes in 226 minutes of Championship football – one-per-13 minutes/6.7-per-game.

Sounds familiar

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, hippo said:

Wait....hang on.....you're telling me its not the system at villa? Its not the way Bruce played football. Well I am surprised. Didn't see that one coming. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Glad to see I'm not the only one who's noticed ;) 

Hinckley to your Foster 😉

But yeah it's pretty sad that Hogan hasn't been able to regain any of his Brentford form while he was with us. He would have been a very handy alternative during our run-in.

Hogan is good at the pressing game and never stops running. Tammy won't be here next year and Smith doesn't seem to like Kodjia too much. Wouldn't surprise me to see him starting up front for us next season if he looks good in pre-season.

3 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Hogan is good at the pressing game and never stops running. Tammy won't be here next year and Smith doesn't seem to like Kodjia too much. Wouldn't surprise me to see him starting up front for us next season if he looks good in pre-season.

Where we're going, we dont need Hogan.

Â