Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

Tammy is actually a big part of our all round play.  He chases back if he loses possession, can hold the ball up, and obviously stick it away with pleasing regularity.  With Hogan in the team instead, we wouldn't create half of the chances we do currently, as it's like playing with 10 men.  I've never seen a player regularly have such few touches in a game.  Even when scoring he contributed very little else.  A poor player who we massively, massively overpaid for.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

The flip side of this I feel is that if Hogan had got into Tammys positions Hogan would not miss as many of the easier chances, but probably would miss the harder ones Tammy puts away, granted that’s all hypothetical in my mind and it actual real life  haha.

The main problem with that logic is Hogan doesn't get into those positions, whether or not he might be able to finish the chances if he did is a pointless discussion. 

Its not coincidence that when Tammy plays he misses 3 or 4 good chances and scores 1 or 2, and when Hogan plays in the same team he barely touches the ball, not missing or scoring any chances. All these tap ins that Tammy gets are a direct result of his clever movement, reading of the game and his desire to get into the right positions, unfortunately Hogan possesses none of those attributes 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Best scenerio is he scores loads of goals value goes up and we can get some of our money back on him. 

Yep. If he helps get sheff u promoted, they will have plenty of cash to take him away for a good amount. 

25 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Yep. If he helps get sheff u promoted, they will have plenty of cash to take him away for a good amount. 

If that happens and Villa don’t go up what does that say about your club and Dean Smith who I expected to get him back scoring goals as he did at Brentford.or was that down to Thomas Frank 😉

5 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

If that happens and Villa don’t go up what does that say about your club and Dean Smith who I expected to get him back scoring goals as he did at Brentford.or was that down to Thomas Frank 😉

It says he didn’t suit the villa way that’s all. But carry on with your digs at us

44 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

If they go up i doubt it will be soley down to Hogan. From what i've seen of him, he is a woeful player and i don't expect smith to do anything with him. Tammy seems to be doing just fine. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

I think it says more about Hogan, Smith gave him a go a few times off the bench, whilst we were making chances for fun and scoring hatfuls of goals, he looked busy a couple of times and never scored. Then he got a full game and went missing. After only showing for a few game spell under Bruce. Possibly had Hogan arrived with Smith already the manager the story would have been different. As of right now, Hogan needs games and needs to score goals. He won't get the chance to do either here unless Tammy and Kodija get injured for the season. Should he do so we can look at it in the summer again if he is full of confidence and scoring goals for fun...

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

I think it says more about Hogan, Smith gave him a go a few times off the bench, whilst we were making chances for fun and scoring hatfuls of goals, he looked busy a couple of times and never scored. Then he got a full game and went missing. After only showing for a few game spell under Bruce. Possibly had Hogan arrived with Smith already the manager the story would have been different. As of right now, Hogan needs games and needs to score goals. He won't get the chance to do either here unless Tammy and Kodija get injured for the season. Should he do so we can look at it in the summer again if he is full of confidence and scoring goals for fun...

Wouldn’t argue with any of that

Too much over analysis here...I think he is so shit...people just cant accept it and conjure up very complicated theories (hogan is the better finisher!!!) as to why ....the obvious, that if you cant control a ball, head a ball, beat a man, dribble, rhen you aint gonna score many goals is just too simple for some  "experts" ....

• Like 3

9 hours ago, hippo said:

Too much over analysis here...I think he is so shit...people just cant accept it and conjure up very complicated theories (hogan is the better finisher!!!) as to why ....the obvious, that if you cant control a ball, head a ball, beat a man, dribble, rhen you aint gonna score many goals is just too simple for some  "experts" ....

Darren Bent couldn't beat a man or dribble and he went alright for a period of time.

I'd like to watch Hogans goals at Brentford before making any predictions on whether or not we have a player who can rekindle the strike rate he enjoyed there.

Whilst here I think he is averaging 1 in 6, and I would agree with the notion that he hasn't offered a whole lot to our general play, whereas Tammy and Kodjia are both comfortable being a focal point and pivotal to our attacking impetus.

2 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Darren Bent couldn't beat a man or dribble and he went alright for a period of time.

I'd like to watch Hogans goals at Brentford before making any predictions on whether or not we have a player who can rekindle the strike rate he enjoyed there.

Whilst here I think he is averaging 1 in 6, and I would agree with the notion that he hasn't offered a whole lot to our general play, whereas Tammy and Kodjia are both comfortable being a focal point and pivotal to our attacking impetus.

It didn't really matter as much - because for a large part of his career Bent would get you goals. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

It didn't really matter as much - because for a large part of his career Bent would get you goals. 

That's my point mate. He got you goals. If Hogan can do that like he did for Brentford then we have an asset. Unfortunately I'm unconvinced.

Â