Ratings and Reactions: Brentford v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

How sad is it that the one player we needed most out there tonight was the player Brentford just sold us! Minus their main goal threat, they score three. 

The more things change..

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I can't emphasise enough how disastrous this was. That is a win that Brentford will have in their history books. Beating Villa in the second tier. We just got teabagged by a club who've never won anything worth winning in over 100 years.

We've basically spent enough since Xia took over that we could outright buy any club in the league exluding the Toon, and we're still **** shit.

We have a Manure castoff keeper who couldn't catch a **** cold, while our own young unproven goalkeeper is **** knows where.

Kodjia needs 10 shots to score a goal.

Traore couldn't spot a good cross in a **** church.

£25m for Amavi? I'll give someone 25 pence to take the idle word removed.

Absolute shit, from front to back.

Bruce has 18 games to sort it out and make us look like we can win the league next season. This season is over. He needs to improve our form to the point it's beyond a doubt he can take us up next time, or **** off so someone else can have the summer.

no wonder we struggled with Traore playing 

• Like 1

Disgraceful.

Tactically we were inept, buying a midfield and instead launching hopeful long balls at a striker who was thirty yards from the nearest support - we showed no composure, we were completely outworked, and utterly outplayed and there's was no fight in us at all - we've just suffered an embarrassing defeat and come away with one booking - dreadful.

Johnstone (4) - We've found a keeper the wants to be here, which is an improvement on the last one - however, we're yet to find a keeper that we want to be here. Doesn't give me any confidence at all.

Hutton (4) - can't be arsed to explain why.

Chester (3) - dreadful - Mr 7/10 had a stinker.

Baker (5) - meh

Amavi (4) - so many times he got a foot in, poked the ball away from the striker and then shinned it in the air or fell over it or made a crap contact and let them in - the chasing the defender and nicking it off him is supposed to be the hard bit, passing it five yards or hitting it is meant to be easy

Adomah (5) - running and crossing for no particular reason

Hourihane (3) - anonymous

Lansbury (6) - started very well, showed a little bit of fight and had the decency to look pissed off.

Bjarnason (3) - nowt

Green (4) - pfft

Kodjia (3) - when you're up front on our own and isolated, you're meant to run yourself into the ground. He looked like he was feeling the flight.

Subs - dunno, I'd stopped caring.

The manager and his team have a lot of work to do on the training pitch - there are two areas we're not good in - pressing the ball and passing the ball. Those are big things.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Thing is, we reset our season with the signings we made - we are starting again against teams who have had half a season to gel and get battle ready. 

At least we can spend the rest of the season finding the groove as we now have the players, we should storm next season if it clicks.

i hate myself but like a mug I will be back here and watching us on sky again on Saturday at 5.15. Why I do it I don't know......

If I could, I would stop watching and caring about the Villa, I hate caring about them. Hurts too much. But yet, I still spend most of my time watching and reading about them. What a waste of time.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

Thing is, we reset our season with the signings we made - we are starting again against teams who have had half a season to gel and get battle weary. 

At least we can spend the rest of the season finding the groove as we now have the players, we should storm next season if it clicks.

What you say is completely true but why should we look at it from the most negative angle? It's really not hard to win games in this league, the standard of football really isn't that good, it's just for some reason every team seems to play at 100% against us every week. This is the same Brentford team that just lost to Wigan, you think they played like that against them?

That is as bad as it's been this season.

No shape to the midfield whatsoever.

Bruce has to take the blame for that. 3 new lads with no idea what system they were supposed to be playing in.

As for our centre backs and Johnstone..... Woeful 

First time I've been able to watch us live in a league game for quite a while and it really was worrying, typical Villa to undue all the optimism created by the transfer window. I don't think we can just keep signing players and expect to suddenly click, it's going to take time as we really didn't look a team today. The gulf in class between the passing, pressing and passion between the two teams was startling. 

Ratings

Johnstone - Felt he could have been out quicker for the first goal, flaps at crosses. - 4

Hutton - Still not a footballer, never will be one. - 3

Chester - Nervous every time he had the ball and was caught for the first goal. - 3

Baker - They were just walking past him, loves heading straight to their players. - 2

Amavi - Looks a shell of the player before his injury. - 3

Hourihane - Immensely disappointing, never got on the ball, completely passed him by. - 4

Lansbury - Best passer and at least put his foot in but not a natural DM. - 5

Bjarnason - Game was too quick for him, looked far off the pace. - 4

Green - Bursts of excitement and then let down by basic technical ability. Missed header and poor defensively. - 5

Adomah - Biggest threat down the right but no end product. - 6

Kodjia - Awful miss, very isolated. - 4

Edited by JoeParker91
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

It's the hope that kills you.

Ha, there is nobody like Villa to instantly smash your enthusiasm! It's happened so many times over the years but I willfully play the game because this is the madness of life. 

Ps I won my game 11-8 this evening and bagged 5 goals. I did my bit, bleeding Villa let me down. 

Edited by villaglint

5 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Fair play Brentford, absolutely outstanding. Respect to Dean Smith, he's taught Bruce a massive lesson tonight. Can't even begin to be arsed to talk about the shower in Claret & Blue.

Yep, they were a tidy outfit. We looked League 1.

• Like 2

Probably expecting too much too quickly from a new team to be honest.

However, it simply should not be this consistently shit anymore.

Bruce also takes forever to make a change even when it CLEARLY isn't working, and what's more is it seems we ALWAYS have managers like this.

When we started I said "When was the last time we looked like a superior team in first gear?". After this they forgot the players they were and starting playing like Aston Villa players.

I'm genuinely baffled.

But don't worry: ONE OF THESE DAYS WE ARE GOING TO CLICK, AND GIVE 18 teams in a row a tonking!:trollface:

Note, does every team put on their performance of the season against us?

Â