Jump to content
One For The Road

Neil Taylor

Recommended Posts

No, just a general chat and to be fair to him he was with friends so the last thing he wanted was a chat with a middle aged Foos fan who’d been enjoying the Somersbys 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He has done better than I thought defensively.
 

But the prophecy says he must never, NEVER look upon the opposing goal, that way lies his doom.

tenor.gif?itemid=11971475&f=1

 

A quick comparison of our full backs positioning against Everton. 

image.png.87f5c6605f06a52e1a753b157afce00a.png

I thought he played pretty good. I just wish he would help more going forward.


 

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/08/2019 at 19:09, abdulaziz1 said:

I’d even start Hause instead of him currently.

I’m surprised.

He’s done pretty well defensively, so swapping him for Hause won’t help much.

The main issue is that he offers ZERO going forward, but I can’t imagine Hause doing much more from open play either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hause has a lot more on the ball than Taylor.

I can't believe he's starting matches for us. It's incredibly detrimental to our performances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thug said:

I’m surprised.

He’s done pretty well defensively, so swapping him for Hause won’t help much.

The main issue is that he offers ZERO going forward, but I can’t imagine Hause doing much more from open play either.

Hause is ok going forward, as @Tomaszk said, he's better on ball. Add the factor of his height which would help more in set pieces (which used to be a threat last season). Add to all of that he'd be an improvement defensively. It's also good to start integrating players to the team. I think he'd do a good job there. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been advocating for Taylor quite a lot. But there was quite a few attacks that broke down on the left versus Crystal Palace. There was one particular moment where he had space and time to challenge their full back, put in a cross, or a thru ball(would be a difficult one). And he chose to play it all the way back to midfield . Which let Crystal Palace re establish their defensive line. 

I honestly wouldn't mind giving McGinn a go at left back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Hause should be our LB, he's versatile anyway and has played a few of the defensive positions hasn't he??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the highlights he had a torrid time against Palace, so many of their dangerous attacks came down his side. Not sure if specifically him or a lack of support but they seemed to bypass him at will. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Skruff said:

I've been advocating for Taylor quite a lot. But there was quite a few attacks that broke down on the left versus Crystal Palace. There was one particular moment where he had space and time to challenge their full back, put in a cross, or a thru ball(would be a difficult one). And he chose to play it all the way back to midfield . Which let Crystal Palace re establish their defensive line. 

I honestly wouldn't mind giving McGinn a go at left back.

sadly i do agree with this (apart from the mcginn bit...that's just crazy talk).

i maintain taylor is our best LB currently (how people think that hause will be an improvement is beyond me) but there was one time i remember (might have been the same you're talking about) where he literally had no idea what to do once he entered their half. i still think he should be LB until we find a replacement but in addition to our forward line, it is an area that needs addressing. be interested if the board sanction a signing of another LB when they've already spent 14m on one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Skruff said:

I've been advocating for Taylor quite a lot. But there was quite a few attacks that broke down on the left versus Crystal Palace. There was one particular moment where he had space and time to challenge their full back, put in a cross, or a thru ball(would be a difficult one). And he chose to play it all the way back to midfield . Which let Crystal Palace re establish their defensive line. 

I honestly wouldn't mind giving McGinn a go at left back.

I have zero doubts McGinn would be an absolutely ridiculously good left back immediately.

Too good in midfield though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I have zero doubts McGinn would be an absolutely ridiculously good left back immediately.

Too good in midfield though.

LWB yes Mcginn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clip I seen was a striker running through past 2 defenders and Hennessy ballsing it up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its incredible, he is solid in defence but kills anything we have going forward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's like watching a comedy sketch when he goes forward. Laughable. And half the time he's too scared to even run to be an option as he knows he won't know WTF to do!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its incredible, he is solid in defence but kills anything we have going forward

Never seen anything like it. It’s pretty much every single time too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â