Neil Taylor

One For The Road

He had a decent game and made an important block in the run up to our second goal, although did have some poor moments going forward. Still stand by what I said, we'll be better with Targett coming in, just as we saw today with Guilbert. Taylor is playing well but is a limiting factor going forward, we saw the difference Guilbert made, including with his run in the build up for the first goal, Targett will offer something similar.

Without checking, I'm pretty sure he played in all our games in our 10 match winning run last season, played in all our play-off games and has been nothing but consistant so far in the Premier League, wish the fans would get of his back for a while.

Another good performance and deserves some praise for helping and playing a part in getting us to where we are at the moment! Thanks Neil Taylor.  

• Like 3

Again he really didn't do much wrong at all defensively but his attacking game makes my eyes bleed. His cross that went over everyone summed it up. 

Just like Elmo done nothing wrong but Guilbert got his chance tonight and proved how good he can be. I'm not trying to single Taylor out and if he plays next week that's fine, I just think Targett would be a real plus in an attacking sense. 

I feel sorry for him because the effort is truly there and more, e puts a shift in at the back, I just wish he knew how to cross a ball. Earned his place though again tonight, hasnt done much else wrong. Just needs that extra dimension to his game.

32 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Weirdly better in Premier League then he ever was in the Championship. One very bad cross but otherwise decent. At least he's earning his shirt.

Championship we were expected be on the front foot every game so his attacking weaknesses were exposed more. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I feel sorry for him because the effort is truly there and more, e puts a shift in at the back, I just wish he knew how to cross a ball. Earned his place though again tonight, hasnt done much else wrong. Just needs that extra dimension to his game.

The problem is the extra dimension he lacks, we need.

• Like 1

Just now, avfc1982am said:

Yep indeed, that's why I feel sorry for him as he doesn't deserve to be dropped but on paper, Targett offers more. I'd stick with him a few more games though until he does something to truly warrant losing his place. Weird one really.

Solid he was solid but you just cannot have a player that bad on the ball in the PL.

I don't even care about his pass % , he is rarely an option, he doesn't stretch teams, he doesn't find teammates when marginally pressed and he never puts his foot on the ball under even moderate pressure. It is always helped onto the stands or nowhere up the pitch. When you have the ball you are basically a man down.

He is not a good footballer. He is a good defender who knows his position and his role. but we won't get away with this like we did tonight.

You constantly concede possession and chase the ball in the PL you get run ragged and you lose.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

yeah, i noticed more than once when he does go forward, he just gets ignored and the player with the ball will pass anywhere other than to Taylor if at all possible, its pretty obvious even his own team mates dont trust him when attacking.

Targett pls.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Solid he was solid but you just cannot have a player that bad on the ball in the PL.

I don't even care about his pass % , he is rarely an option, he doesn't stretch teams, he doesn't find teammates when marginally pressed and he never puts his foot on the ball under even moderate pressure. It is always helped onto the stands or nowhere up the pitch. When you have the ball you are basically a man down.

He is not a good footballer. He is a good defender who knows his position and his role. but we won't get away with this like we did tonight.

You constantly concede possession and chase the ball in the PL you get run ragged and you lose.

Why I dont understand how he played at Swansea so long when they were a passing side

I like Taylor, I think he has played reasonably well and I think he will definitely have his uses this season. However he is the reason imo why Trez didn't have the same impact that Jota had. Guilbert offers such energy down the right that Jota could come inside knowing he had the overlap splitting the defence. Exactly what happened for the first goal. Taylor just does not offer that threat. He also had a great opportunity to ping the ball into the box in the second half and blazed it. I'm not trying to pick him out as imo El Ghazi was gash last week and needed pulling. I just think we need to have a look a Targett now with Guilbert on the opposite side as in preseason.  

On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 18:56, wazzap24 said:

Given who we were playing, I thought that was probably his best game for us. Surprisingly solid and decent on the ball for the most part. 

Had 2 or 3 very bad passes wich unfortunatly many of the supporter are judging hes overall performance off. But to be fair he had very good game apart from these bad passes. Always did the right thing in the defencive role and positioned himself brilliantly throughout the game.

On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 18:56, wazzap24 said:

Given who we were playing, I thought that was probably his best game for us. Surprisingly solid and decent on the ball for the most part. 

Had 2 or 3 very bad passes wich unfortunatly many of the supporter are judging hes overall performance off. But to be fair he had very good game apart from these bad passes. Always did the right thing in the defencive role and positioned himself brilliantly throughout the game.

Â