Neil Taylor

One For The Road

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Taylor did absolutely nothing wrong against spurs. It was a really good performance. 

However for me I'd be starting Targett tomorrow. A home game against Bournemouth is a game where the emphasis to attack should be on us and i think Targett improves us with that. 

We have to use our squad sensibly over these 37 games and i'm sure all players are aware and accept this. 

if he drops taylor, i can see him dropping elmo too. i think we'll either see it unchanged, or he'll look to go more attacking and put fred and targett on

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Taylor did absolutely nothing wrong against spurs. It was a really good performance. 

I agree, all though I think he had a couple of mistake, but good performance. Unfortunately you can't trust him to keep it up. He is and always will be a ****-up waiting to happen. I am never ever confident when he gets the ball. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

Taylor is going nowhere. He's earned the shirt by being part of the record breakers last season and he put a shift in at the lane.

The jersey is his to lose.

I think it has to be that way. Not only is it the right thing to do its the only way to manage competition for the shirt. Keep Taylor performing at 100% and have Targett chomping at the bit to play.

• Like 2

I’m hoping it’s horses for courses and Targett starts tomorrow, likewise Guilbert.

Taylor will probably get the nod for games where we’d expect to be digging in, I don’t know if he’s markedly better defensively than Targett but he certainly doesn’t appear to bomb forward as much which I guess by default makes him a better defensive option.

• Like 1

I know many are saying they'd bring in Targett for the Bournemouth games and I can see exactly why, he brings a lot more going forward and we should be attacking Bournemouth at home.

However, Bournemouth's main threat will be the counter attack and Fraser down the right hand side the most dangerous, so I can see an argument where Taylor may keep his place in mind of that threat, he's far less likely to get caught up field.

Will be interesting to see which way Dean Smith goes, he doesn't often err on the side of caution. 

2 hours ago, Jay.P.A said:

K'inell. 

People complaining we got two good left backs competing for a starting spot? 

i obviously missed those complaints...cause i havent seen any. just having a debate over which LB people would like to see starting tomorrow sir

• Like 1

I think Taylor must have something seriously damaging on Deano, maybe evidence that Deano is actually a die hard SHA fan and season ticket holder....

Can't think of any other reason :P

When McGinn had to tell him to overlap (and then the defenders were back in position) sums him up.

It's like he only gets forward because he knows that's what's expected of him, he doesn't have a natural urge to get forward and he has no confidence in doing so. Targett next game please. And Guilbert at RB. Elmo has too many mistakes (mainly giving the ball away in stupid positions) in him.

4 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

When McGinn had to tell him to overlap (and then the defenders were back in position) sums him up.

It's like he only gets forward because he knows that's what's expected of him, he doesn't have a natural urge to get forward and he has no confidence in doing so. Targett next game please. And Guilbert at RB. Elmo has too many mistakes (mainly giving the ball away in stupid positions) in him.

He was ****. I cannot believe we didn't swap lbs last 10 or 20. We were crying out for legs on the break and he was absolutely bollocksed.

Â