Neil Taylor

One For The Road

He's so bad it hurts. I remember for a time Stephen Warnock was absolutely shocking at left back, but he was so bad it was actually funny. This just isn't funny...

The worst part about Taylor being bad is that we don't have another left back, even in the U23's. We are a professional football club in the second tier of English football and we don't have a spare left back in the whole club. How does this happen?! Even my local parks team have two left backs to choose from!?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Eastie said:

Get him out the team and give Mitch Clark a go 

I'm absolutely staggered that Clark hasn't been recalled. 

Our 2 options at LB are awful and with Clark contract up in the summer you would think Smith would want a look at him before he becomes a free agent. 

Baffling. 

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I can't decide what I hate more, his performances, or the gormless saddened stare that's constantly on his face. He looks like his dog just died, every day

He looks like a man with a troubled mind. With his thoughts somewhere else than the pitch. Not good enough, shouldn't be playing. However I'm concerned about his mental health. 

8 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Has to be his last game for us, the way he got utterly annihilated for the first goal by a distinctly average player for this level shows you the level he is at and frankly, how **** shit he truly is. Garbage, garbage player of the highest imaginable order. A truly rancid presence in our first team whenever he plays.

Want even the worst part today. Went for a walk for 2nd goal and still hasnt returned

What I posted in the SHA match thread back in November

That sinking feeling you get when you see both Whelan and Taylor in the team. That almost certain knowledge you will be conceding.

I should add Elmohamady in that, too. Taylor and Elmo are two players I have long seriously disliked and get irritated by their mere presence on the teamsheet before the whistle even goes.

The difference with Whelan - and why I don't actually dislike him - is an attitude thing. He was a better player than he is now, time has caught up with him and the body doesn't do what the brain wants now.

Those pair of shitehawks, though, have always been pointless, useless, spineless inadequates. The only thing Elmohamady does occasionally is swing in a decent cross but the decent/crap ratio is unacceptable. As a FB he has zero value.

As for Taylor, I get seriously concerned when a professional football team manager hands him a start. He's utterly brainless and devoid of heart. And I can't decide if that's worse than the fact that he's utterly devoid of ability.

He can't defend because he doesn't have the ability. And then doesn't have the brain or heart to make up for any inadequacy or mistakes.

He can't attack because he doesn't have the ability, heart or brains to do that either. His first instinct always seems to be stop, check back, pass sideways or backwards thereby stifling any and every move he's involved in. The other scenario is, for him and everyone else the worst case scenario, to swing in a guaranteed useless cross but he'll only do that when he literally has nobody else to pass the ball to.

It's like he just about has enough brain to understand he can't cross and shouldn't so contrives to play in a way to avoid it, as above, with the check back and short pass.

A wretched excuse for a footballer.

Edited by privateer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, privateer said:

What I posted in the SHA match thread back in November

I should add Elmohamady in that, too. Taylor and Elmo are two players I have long seriously disliked and get irritated by their mere presence on the teamsheet before the whistle even goes.

The difference with Whelan - and why I don't actually dislike him - is an attitude thing. He was a better player than he is now, time has caught up with him and the body doesn't do what the brain wants now.

Those pair of shitehawks, though, have always been pointless, useless, spineless inadequates. The only thing Elmohamady does occasionally is swing in a decent cross but the decent/crap ratio is unacceptable. As a FB he has zero value.

As for Taylor, I get seriously concerned when a professional football team manager hands him a start. He's utterly brainless and devoid of heart. And I can't decide if that's worse than the fact that he's utterly devoid of ability.

He can't defend because he doesn't have the ability. And then doesn't have the brain or heart to make up for any inadequacy or mistakes.

He can't attack because he doesn't have the ability, heart or brains to do that either. His first instinct always seems to be stop, check back, pass sideways or backwards thereby stifling any and every move he's involved in. The other scenario is, for him and everyone else the worst case scenario, to swing in a guaranteed useless cross but he'll only do that when he literally has nobody else to pass the ball to.

It's like he just about has enough brain to understand he can't cross and shouldn't so contrives to play in a way to avoid it, as above, with the check back and short pass.

A wretched excuse for a footballer.

Perfect summation 

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Needs to never play again 

This. Being a shit footballer is exuseable. Not showing effort and having a shit attitude isn't. Should never be allowed to pull on the shirt again. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

12 hours ago, Skruff said:

He looks like a man with a troubled mind. With his thoughts somewhere else than the pitch. Not good enough, shouldn't be playing. However I'm concerned about his mental health. 

I agree with this. His performance yesterday were beyond just being a shit player. I’m amazed he didn’t get substituted.

14 hours ago, wilko154 said:

He's so bad it hurts. I remember for a time Stephen Warnock was absolutely shocking at left back, but he was so bad it was actually funny. This just isn't funny...

The worst part about Taylor being bad is that we don't have another left back, even in the U23's. We are a professional football club in the second tier of English football and we don't have a spare left back in the whole club. How does this happen?! Even my local parks team have two left backs to choose from!?

Are either of the 2 park LB's currently available?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, daggy_333 said:

Are either of the 2 park LB's currently available?

Only the one mind.  It would be ridiculous to get both of them in incase one gets injured. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Skruff said:

Exactly this. Definately in A world of his own and he looks like he's been on a 4 day session with Kate Moss.

- He was walked past for the first goal as if he was a mannequin.

And to hear some crys on here that he needs to start ahead of Hutton..    behave.

34 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I've been saying for months that Hutton is our best LB and we're a better team with him there and Bree at RB (I said Elmo at the time but I'm happy for Bree to play there now)

Are you joking..

You **** hate Hutton  :D

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

Are you joking..

You **** hate Hutton  :D

I don't hate him.

But I think he's shit at football.

And yet I still think he's our best LB.

What does that tell you about Taylor?

Edited by Stevo985

Â