Neil Taylor

One For The Road

Vwry average display tonight where he was missing for most of the game and we where lucky not to be heavily punished.

Kept losing his man, not closing down enough and for me is he's one player I would be replacing as soon as possible.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nobody has anything to say about Taylor's performance today?  He actually looked like he has played football before.  I thought he was pretty solid at left back.  Nothing glamorous going forward, but he wasn't a calamitous mess at the back either.  It's something for him to build upon.  If we can keep everyone injury free, our Defense might not be as big of a problem as we all feared it would be, at least until January.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Nobody has anything to say about Taylor's performance today?  He actually looked like he has played football before.  I thought he was pretty solid at left back.  Nothing glamorous going forward, but he wasn't a calamitous mess at the back either.  It's something for him to build upon.  If we can keep everyone injury free, our Defense might not be as big of a problem as we all feared it would be, at least until January.

I thought he acquitted himself very well indeed, still a good footballer at this level

9 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Reports sounded like he had a good game though if no mention of a defender in updates is usuallly a good thing

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He was excellent 

He wasn’t excellent.

He was decent, switched off a couple of times to allow someone behind him. But the majority of time he defended well. First half went forward and linked with Albert, second was more reluctant to go forward, especially when Kodj came on his wing which is understandable as Kodj didn’t help him well.

• Like 2

Caughf under the ball a number of times as someone got behind him, first real pass of the day was spooned straight into the trinity. I don't even know how that was possible from how he struck it.

...but he is a left back, the only left back and playing him immediately makes us more balanced. People talk about CB cover but I imagine Smith will be on high priority for fullbacks who are comfortable on the ball.

5 hours ago, KMitch said:

He looked like the player with over 100 premier league appearance and over 40 international caps. I never did understand why he turns to shit.

6 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

He wasn’t excellent.

He was decent, switched off a couple of times to allow someone behind him. But the majority of time he defended well. First half went forward and linked with Albert, second was more reluctant to go forward, especially when Kodj came on his wing which is understandable as Kodj didn’t help him well.

Spot on, he did OK, but had some dodgy moments. That said, we looked a lot more balanced with a left back at left back and a right back at right back, who would have thought that would have been the case?

• Like 2

I suggested in the pre match thread that i thought Smith would play him if nothing more than to add balance to the team. 

He did ok, nothing spectacular and there were a couple of mistakes but by and large i think he iis still a better option than Hutton due to balance.

I suspect he will get a run of games now, hopefully he will get a bit of confidence back. 

On 28/08/2018 at 17:28, YLN said:

JS157518499.jpg

Jesus. He looks like he has just been released from a POW Camp

If anybody listens to the Owain Tudor Jones podcast called The Long man's Football World Podcast then there's a 2 episode one with Taylor which has a good insight into him and an explanation for the tired eyes. He also had the snip in the summer and has 4 kids. He's got his head screwed on. Well worth a listen. More relaxed and open than the usual 5 minute interview they are forced to do. 

Â