Neil Taylor

One For The Road

I really, really like Amavi. I wasn't particularly excited about the Taylor signing. But the simple truth is that Taylor is so much better than Amavi at the moment. Defensively he is so solid. Very impressive. 

• Like 3

Surprised no one put this up yesterday...it's good for us really. Gets a full summer break and preseason. Then we don't lose him in September just after season starts.

Ban

"Wales defender Neil Taylor has been suspended for two matches for his leg-breaking tackle on the Republic of Ireland captain Seamus Coleman.

Taylor, 28, was sent off for the tackle during Wales' goalless World Cup qualifier in Dublin in March.

He will be banned for Wales' next two qualifiers against Serbia in June and Austria in September."

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Surprised no one put this up yesterday...it's good for us really. Gets a full summer break and preseason. Then we don't lose him in September just after season starts.

Ban

"Wales defender Neil Taylor has been suspended for two matches for his leg-breaking tackle on the Republic of Ireland captain Seamus Coleman.

Taylor, 28, was sent off for the tackle during Wales' goalless World Cup qualifier in Dublin in March.

He will be banned for Wales' next two qualifiers against Serbia in June and Austria in September."

Excellent!

It is good news. For Villa and also Ireland. Wales weakened for a further two games enhancing our chances of qualifying which we'll probably mess up anyway. Although we are missing Coleman :(

• 2 weeks later...

Have to say he was superb today both defensively and in breaking forward on a number of occasions.

Overall he has been excellent and has so far looked the best signing we made in January. In fact he is looking like the best left back we have had in years.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

Have to say he was superb today both defensively and in breaking forward on a number of occasions.

Overall he has been excellent and has so far looked the best signing we made in January. In fact he is looking like the best left back we have had in years.

Yep he's probably the best left back in the league. Seemed to have lost his way at Swansea, but could easily cope in the prem still.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I think our entire defense overall this seasons will be great. Terry makes everyone better, passing out looks better already and discipline seems good in pre season. Taylor is a massive part of this. I think he will be better with Green in front of him in a 4-4-2 though. He was class in the first game linking with Green. Last night in a 4-2-3-1 (as I thought it was anyway, we lacked a bit of width and Amavi was very deep a lot of the time and didn't make many runs for Taylor, more coming deep to receive and then just giving it back to Taylor in a weaker position that he was when he first passed it. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just reading this thread suns up Taylor. When he came he made us solid so it looked like a great signing but this year he's looked shaky added to the fact he is crap at attacking he's looking like another liability. He needs competition. Hopefully he's just started slowly this year and will get better but he needs to overlap Green a lot more to help out the attacks. 

• 2 weeks later...
Â