Neil Taylor

One For The Road

I would hazard a guess that if Swansea had Amavi in their team, he would be miles up the pecking order in terms of current ability, potential, sell-on value and the fans obviously don't rate Taylor. 

Hope this isn't true and is just a false rumour that's gathered pace. Otherwise this has all the ingredients of Amavi back off to France. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Excellent player I think, would be a great addition to the squad 

That's the kiss of death then ;)

I'll reserve judgement, but it is a little confusing to me.

He's been a regular in the Swansea team, but doesn't seem to be highly rated, he's nearly 28 so should be at his peak, and he had a bad injury and I'm not sure he's come back as strong.

In my opinion, with full backs, it's about getting the right style of player in for the team. Who's better - Maldini or Roberto Carlos? Each suited their teams style of play.

Note: I am in no way comparing Maldini, Roberto Carlos and Neil Taylor - other than that they are all international full backs. And so is Alan Hutton!

2 hours ago, vreitti said:

I haven't looked up the stats, but my gut feeling is that Swansea have let in less when he's been injured.

I haven't looked up the stats but I think more people fly on the outside of aeroplanes than inside. 

You wouldn't have thought it would you.  Amazing. 

And people wonder how social media is awash with false news? 

33 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Maybe he will be the new left back and push Amavi up to left wing? 

I hope not and tbh I doubt it.  It's not the first time someone has suggested it though.

Firstly, I believe pushing Amavi up into an area of the pitch where you are marked more tightly by the opposition would lessen his impact going forward.  I think it suits his game that he's already in full flight at that point.  Secondly his being there would impact on the likes of Bjarnasson, Grealish & Green.  I don't think the make-up of our squad lends itself to Amavi the winger.  I'd be very surprised if this is what Bruce had planned for him and I'm confident that it isn't, because I don't think it's a good idea.  Not that I don't think he'd be capable of doing the job at a pinch.  But not in an ideal setup.

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I haven't looked up the stats but I think more people fly on the outside of aeroplanes than inside. 

You wouldn't have thought it would you.  Amazing. 

And people wonder how social media is awash with false news? 

Did I say you have to my word for it? Look it up yourself FFS if it concerns you. I just stated an opinion based upon Swansea matches I've seen this season, which oddly is quite a few. 

Honestly I could give a rats ass about whether it's true or not, as I don't particularly rate him either way.

Edited by vreitti

10 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

You said he left ages ago. Two weeks ago is not ages. 

We need left back cover/competition for Amavi and be it Taylor or whoever hopefully it is addressed this window.

Mark, I wouldn't have thought Taylor will come as cover in mind.

40 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

This whole transfer is a bit 'meh'.

It is yeah. 

Up until this season Swansea fans haven't been anti-Taylor at all, at least I don't think so? I thought he was a bit of a 'favourite' for them? I might be wrong about that. 

I agree that he's a limited player. However when I've seen him in the past I've always thought of him as reliable. We need another left back, going the rest of the season with just Amavi or a youth back up is ridiculous. And no matter what he'd be a massive upgrade on Cissokho, find me a player in world football who wouldn't.

So yes, very 'meh' but if we're valuing him at £3-4m it seems like an ok deal to me. 

• Like 1

Â