Neil Taylor

One For The Road

• 2 weeks later...

I'm starting to think Taylor might be the unluckiest player I've seen at Villa. He's trying to get forward to support an attack and McGinn plays the worst pass to him which leads to a goal and you can guarantee Taylor will be the one taking the stick from the fans.

I actually thought he had a decent half especially in comparison to Targett in the first half but that doesn't fit the narrative I suppose.

• Like 3

Just now, tom_avfc said:

I'm starting to think Taylor might be the unluckiest player I've seen at Villa. He's trying to get forward to support an attack and McGinn plays the worst pass to him which leads to a goal and you can guarantee Taylor will be the one taking the stick from the fans.

I actually thought he had a decent half especially in comparison to Targett in the first half but that doesn't fit the narrative I suppose.

Still went into a 50-50 like a soggy quaver. Sums him up as a footballer. Half hearted and weak.

• Haha 1

Just now, tom_avfc said:

Exactly. He did fine with Zero support against Traore until he got that ridiculous pass from Mcginn who had a shocker. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Still went into a 50-50 like a soggy quaver. Sums him up as a footballer. Half hearted and weak.

I mean the pass from McGinn made it into more of a 70-30 in favour of the defender but let's ignore that. Given that he was also on the edge of the Wolves back it just seems like its his luck for a goal to come from it. 

The goal was 100% not his fault but people will see what they want to see.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tom_avfc said:

I mean the pass from McGinn made it into more of a 70-30 in favour of the defender but let's ignore that. Given that he was also on the edge of the Wolves back it just seems like its his luck for a goal to come from it. 

The goal was 100% not his fault but people will see what they want to see.

I’d say more 90-10 in favour of their defender.

He is so limited in going forwards that it’s embarrassing, but credit where credit is due, and he was doing a MUCH better job than target against Adama.

And quite frankly, if it’s Taylor rather than Douglas defending against Adama in the lead up to their second goal.. I’d wager that they don’t score.

Totally pointless pass by McGinn.  Not only was it a poor one.. it was a stupid one.  Even if it was inch perfect, Taylor wouldn’t have done anything useful with it.  Just cross the damn thing in yourself. 

Better than Targett this game but that isn't saying much.

Were the Wolves players told to give him more space to go up I wonder? Because it felt like he was moving up the field a lot and predictably he wasn't very good attacking wise. If that was the plan, fair play to them since it directly lead to us conceding the second goal.

He was 4 times better than Targett today but then again Targett was the worst player to ever play for Villa, and his father smells of elderberries.

Anyway, hopefully Targett will be fit once the international break is over.

Smith got it wrong today. Taylor is better equipped to handle traore than Target. Target got ripped a new one in the first half. only adama's awful delivery and concussion saved his blushes.

Taylor is fast brave and knows when to make a tactical foul.

Ok he's limited going forward but it's upto players like mcginn to use the ball better when they get it rather than giving it back to taylor.

teammates should show for it and give him an easy ball. it's what we do at 5 a side for the crap players or the fat gits.

Smith should of thought deeply about the team selection. 

4 hours ago, tom_avfc said:

I don't like Taylor as a player and don't think he should be starting but Targett was absolute dogshit today and Taylor did better when he came on.

8 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

Smith got it wrong today. Taylor is better equipped to handle traore than Target. Target got ripped a new one in the first half. only adama's awful delivery and concussion saved his blushes.

Taylor is fast brave and knows when to make a tactical foul.

Fast and Brave? 

Â