Neil Taylor

One For The Road

So bad going forward that the opposition just double up on our winger and control the whole side of the pitch. 

I was complementary of his performance against spurs, but the guy just isn't food enough at this level. 

12 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Provides nothing going forward. He is actually hilarious when he gets the ball in a scoring position: he has no idea what to do!

The defensive left back died off in the ice age. You have to be able to do both these days. Didn't help that El Gahzi was cack again today though. 

I thought he did well today but just offers nothing in attack. Got into some really good areas too but just no end product. I do agree though that El Ghazi in front of his was dreadful today and that didn't help.

He played quite well, but did have two good chances to score, especially the half volley just outside of the 6 yard box. I'd like Targett to replace him as he's a limiting factor going forward, Targett will offer better delivery, which will only benefit Wesley, and I seriously doubt he's a worse defender than Taylor.

36 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He played quite well, but did have two good chances to score, especially the half volley just outside of the 6 yard box. I'd like Targett to replace him as he's a limiting factor going forward, Targett will offer better delivery, which will only benefit Wesley, and I seriously doubt he's a worse defender than Taylor.

Agreed. It doesn't matter how good (or not) he is defensively, the fact he his so poor going forward has a massive impact on the whole left side. It means the opposition can just double up on the winger which completely nullifies any threat from thst side of the pitch. 

We were desperate for a new LB, we went a got a highly rated one, so it's confusing that we aren't playing him. 

Very good defending but 85% plays it backwards losing any fast move.

He needs swapping out for target because we dont look like we can attack as a unit with Taylor slowing things down on the left.

Either change the system and play him or keep the system and change him.

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I agree with the assessments of his lack of attacking threat, but I’m not sure our main concern - at this stage -should be to add to the amount of attacking players on the pitch......

Exactly. We conceded 2 today. Is playing two attacking full backs going to help?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I thought he played well today. He actually looks better better in this league than in Championship. 

Agree.

Of course he has significant limitations but he’s doing ok defensively.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Exactly. We conceded 2 today. Is playing two attacking full backs going to help?

Well I accept it can do.......but I’m not sold on the idea of trying that this early.

I see sense in Guilbert subbing for Elmo on 60 min, as Elmo tires, but otherwise I think Deano is sensibly putting out the strongest ( in his view) defensive unit, in defence.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

By keeping the team further up the pitch ? By being more of a threat by attacking quicker ?

I would say that the further up the pitch the defendersxate, the further up the pitch jack and co would be including wes who wasnt even on screen a few times we did break at speed as the whole team drops so deep.

Just now, brummybloke said:

By keeping the team further up the pitch ? By being more of a threat by attacking quicker ?

I would say that the further up the pitch the defendersxate, the further up the pitch jack and co would be including wes who wasnt even on screen a few times we did break at speed as the whole team drops so deep.

There’s room for this idea....but I’d rather we were much more on the pace of this League and more settled until,we add this ( often productive but  inherently more risky) option.

• Like 1

Â