Neil Taylor

One For The Road

Sorry but is Taylor's tackle was than what mings did to ibra? That was for me disgraceful. I think it was a bad tackle but also unlucky on Coleman's part for the way he went in.

red card sent off but for me that's justified punishment. A mings like incident for me is 10x worse

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Sorry but is Taylor's tackle was than what mings did to ibra? That was for me disgraceful. I think it was a bad tackle but also unlucky on Coleman's part for the way he went in.

red card sent off but for me that's justified punishment. A mings like incident for me is 10x worse

Why are the 2 incidents being compared? 

What has the Ming's incident got to do with Taylor's tackle? 

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

was an absolute horror tackle, but no way it was an intentional leg break like some sections of Irish media are suggesting. wasnt malicious at all just bad timing and sadly Coleman has paid the price

I'd say it was malicious when you go over the ball like that -though as I mentioned earlier, it's a stretch to go from there to an intentional leg break. 

The stupid thing is Taylor was probably favourite for the ball had he actually wanted it. In those few seconds he had a choice and he chose Coleman's leg. 

17 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Why are the 2 incidents being compared? 

What has the Ming's incident got to do with Taylor's tackle? 

The way Taylor is being portrayed on social media. It wasn't deliberate like mings one was

Edited by Demitri_C

9 hours ago, tinker said:

Shit happens, shame for Coleman but let's not get carried away, bones get broke in most sports.

Exactly. Some people reacting like he has died. A sportsman has got a bad injury. Thats it. There really is nothing to see here.

I've watched it a few times back, seems like an honest mistake, can see he is clearly trying to lunge for the ball, possibly shouldn't have been lunging, but who hasn't played a game of football and not at one point lunged to try win the ball.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, skarroki said:

When looking at this tackle, I'm not sure why some people have decided that they need to announce a worse tackle they can think of from the last 10-15 years. It's irrelevant and pointless.

If you remember a tackle for being bad, it's because of how bad it was, not because it's an acceptable, everyday part of the game. 

I just don't get the logic

Person 1: "that tackle on Coleman was horrendous the other night wasn't it?"

Person 2: "yeah it was, but do you remember that tackle for November 2011? Similar challenge but player tackled was okay, played on"

Person 1: "fantastic, I'll let Coleman know to get on the training field tomorrow and for UEFA to forget the ban in that case"

100% agree, When questioning intent I'm not sure anybody has said that he was intentionally trying to break the other guys leg but you have to question whether he went for the ball or not, as he raised his leg as he was making the tackle and he ended up way over the top of the ball. Could be a career ender for Coleman! Leg is never as strong after a double break. Same happened to  mate of mine and to Alex Cropley. I know that was a long time ago and obviously they can do things now they couldn't then.

Do I feel sorry for Taylor. no I don't! My sympathy rests entirely with Coleman

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

I hope FiFA have the sense to base their opinion and punishment on the tackle......not the result of the tackle.

i did not see the tackle myself so I can't comment on it, but it is so easy to react to the result of the tackle as opposed to the instigation of it.

16 hours ago, Zatman said:

was an absolute horror tackle, but no way it was an intentional leg break like some sections of Irish media are suggesting. wasnt malicious at all just bad timing and sadly Coleman has paid the price

Nope. Not intentional or malicious. But still a shocking challenge 

9 hours ago, PaulC said:

100% agree, When questioning intent I'm not sure anybody has said that he was intentionally trying to break the other guys leg but you have to question whether he went for the ball or not, as he raised his leg as he was making the tackle and he ended up way over the top of the ball. Could be a career ender for Coleman! Leg is never as strong after a double break. Same happened to  mate of mine and to Alex Cropley. I know that was a long time ago and obviously they can do things now they couldn't then.

Do I feel sorry for Taylor. no I don't! My sympathy rests entirely with Coleman

Any one remember the david boust incident, Coventry city v Man United I think.

It's almost a carbon copy of the tackle on Hourihane that the Wednesday lad got sent for a couple of weeks back.

I do feel sorry for Taylor, the mental abuse he has received for making a mistake in a football match is awful. There was an article in The Mirror today stating that some Irish boxer has offered to bang him out. **** sake.

I feel sorry for Coleman too, but this isn't the Coleman thread.

• Like 1

Â