Neil Taylor

One For The Road

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

In: Taylor, Bree, Hourihane, Hogan, Bjarnason and Lansbury

Out: McCormack, Gestede, Ayew, Westwood, Cissokho, Gollini

Our best window in recent times :D

Half a team full of  new starting players - impressive to win 5 out of 6 a month later in fairness.

• Like 2

Taylor left Swansea City after six-and-a-half years to join Villa in January, in a deal which saw Jordan Ayew move in the opposite direction.

"I feel like I have made the right decision moving here and I'm glad I've taken the jump," the former Wrexham player added.

"The club is a massive club but they have made me really welcome.

"There's been quite a few new lads who have come in at the same time which has made it a little bit easier for me and I've settled in really well."

Edited by skarroki
  • Like 1

On 19/03/2017 at 12:50, Xela said:

I think [Bree]'s more for the future but he's done well when called upon so far. 

It's scary how good he is already.  From an age perspective, if he was in the U23 side this season he wouldn't be one of the oldest.  Yet he plays like he's 27.  He's one for right now IMO.  No wonder Citeh and Arse were allegedly sniffing around him before we pulled the trigger.  He's one of those who I very much think will be playing in the Premier League in the next 2 years whether we are or not.  An absolute gem.

And back on topic, I said at the start that I was pleasantly surprised with how good Taylor was when he started with us, and he has continued on that form.  We've a pair of quality starting fullbacks now for the first time in a while.

• Like 2

Lansbury, Hourihane, Taylor, Chester, Adomah, and now Bree. Puts the poor signing, poor value hoodoo into perspective. 

(I didn't include Kodjia because we paid a fair price, nor Hogan who has yet to get his chance to prove his worth).

Surprised the amount on here and elsewhere that weren't rating Taylor when he signed.

Yes he probably had become poor at Swansea but he'd also had some good seasons for them in the prem and he's always looked good for Wales.

He's one I'd have been happy signing if we were still in the premier league.

• Like 1

Not particularly spectacular......but competent and consistent.

valuable qualities.

I like him a lot....settling in nicely and making the berth his own.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Ah cmon lads it was nasty.  Way too high. Horrible "tackle ".

Bale tackle was probably worse. He caught Ireland defender about the knee with a flying slide tackle

Â