Neil Taylor

One For The Road

On 27/02/2017 at 13:19, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Lol at this thread. Reading back a couple of pages - terrible signing, the new Alan Hutton etc etc. 

Now - Good signing, nice to have a left back who can defend etc etc. 

Absolute classic Villa Talk. 

I thought he has been OK all round. Nothing more. Pretty much as expected. 

Agree - also, he seems very good at blocking crosses.  As in, when a winger is trying to get past him and get a cross in, Taylor seems to block an impressive number of them.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

He's a good solid fullback. Makes it hard for opponent, reads the game pretty well and can break forward. Probably the most consistent lb we've had for years.

Make a difference - good defender.

Got to be honest I judged him way too quickly. Wasn't really pleased with the signing at the time and then I wasn't impressed with his debut so I just thought he was crap. He's definitely proved me wrong though, has been very reliable in recent weeks.  

• Like 2

Good signing for us at this stage in the championship. I was against the transfer but he has been good; not sure going forward when we eventually get promoted whether he would still cut it at the top level but I don't really care too much about that now as it's a while off. 

I have barely noticed him in most games to be fair which is good as it means no one is skinning him, he's not putting in a ton of awful crosses and he's not giving the ball away unnecessarily frequently. 

Top banana 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Just like the Adomah swap, we have mugged off Swansea by swapping Taylor for Ayew

I was a big Ayew fan, but left back was a real issue and it's starting to look like a very good move.

On 3/11/2017 at 18:30, mikeyp102 said:

He's a good solid fullback. Makes it hard for opponent, reads the game pretty well and can break forward. Probably the most consistent lb we've had for years.

"Makes it hard for an opponent"

love it just love it.

I have a lot of time for this guy......a bit of an unsung hero.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Extremely good signing - great business done in January on several qualiTy players .

I agree. Lansbury, Hourihane, Taylor and Hogan. Proof that Bruce is the right man for us IMO 

• Like 1

Just now, Eastie said:

Think we can add bree to those too ;)

Ha, yes, I was going to reserve judgement on him for the time being as I think he's more for the future but he's done well when called upon so far. 

41 minutes ago, Xela said:

I agree. Lansbury, Hourihane, Taylor and Hogan. Proof that Bruce is the right man for us IMO 

I was just thinking this. Compared to the RDM signings he has had a far higher hit rate I think. 

• Like 1

Â