Players that you think are Good/Excellent

FrenchVillaLova

7 hours ago, Genie said:

I've been really impressed with Helder Costa of Wolves in both games against us.

He must be destined for bigger things than Wolves.

Just signed permanently for £13m. 

Cracking player 

• Like 1

Peter Crouch- Maybe not so much excellent anymore due to his age but you surely have to respect his career particularly given how raw and awkward he looked playing for us. Since he's left he's played for mostly top half prem teams, scored in the champions league, scored in a world cup and had a pretty decent international career.

It's easy to slag off English players for not fulfilling their potential but Crouch surely has maximised and overachieved in his career.

Andy Carroll- As I've said before massive fan of him. Hope he stays fit as he's an entertaining player to watch.

Kamil Gilk- Was one of the best defenders at the euros for me. Amazed no prem club went in for him given he was available for 8m from Torino.

Azplicueta- One of the most underrated players in European football.

Ander Herrera- Just a good player who should've started a lot more games for Man. United than he has.

Glyfi Sigurdsson- Easily the best player in the bottom half imo....as important to Swansea as Benteke was to us.

46 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Leipzig, Lazio, Napoli and Napoli. There is a world outside UK you know ;)

I see now, it's one of those "I'm a better football fan posts" 

You should visit the "which song are you listening to thread". :thumb: 

You've never heard of Hamsik?! :D

Dries Mertens is having an incredible goalscoring season. Whenever I've seen him before he's always been an incredibly selfish and wasteful player but he's really stepped up with the void Higuaín has left.

Forsberg has been really good aswell, would expect a prem team to sign him before too long.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

TBF, he only listed some (reasonably well-known) players that he rates, as per the thread, and then described who they play for after you asked who they were.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Nah, you just know very little about European football, evidently.

Horribly snidey post, though :thumb:

• Like 2

On 29/01/2017 at 22:52, FrenchVillaLova said:

There are quite a few players we think are rubbish, but how about the good ones?

Not necessarily Gardwood, Cristiano Ronaldo, Agüero or Messi, just the ones the scout in you would recommend (preferably in lower and foreign leagues).

I'll start with Bernardo Silva. He's not big, he's not fast but he is special.

Scott Hogan

16 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Victor Wanyama has not lost a PL (H) game since 19 December 2015 (413 days): WWWWWWWWDWWDWWWWWWW P19 W17 D2 L0 11 Clean Sheets.

To think we were linked to him when he went to Celtic... oh what could've been

Don't worry mate, we'd have turned him shit ;)

• Like 1

On 04/02/2017 at 22:51, Xela said:

James Morrison of WBA

Wanted us to sign him the last time Olbyun went down. I used to work with a lad who is still really good pals with him. He takes his old mates on holiday most Summers, and is still a down to earth lad apparently. Very good footballer too. 

• Like 1

Â