Players that you think are Good/Excellent

FrenchVillaLova

9 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes but its like I said he is world class in his position, no question about that but in terms of footballing ability no he isn't.

I am sure managers like Mourinho, Conte even Ferguson would have preferred a Kante type player in midfield to a Hazard and Messi no matter how much of a better footballer they are

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I am sure managers like Mourinho, Conte even Ferguson would have preferred a Kante type player in midfield to a Hazard and Messi no matter how much of a better footballer they are

Messi yes right!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Kante should be a contender for POTY.

Yes I'm sure he will but the last non attacking player to win it was 12 years ago. At this stage I would say Costa, Hazard or maybe Zlatan to win it

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Actually before that....Scott Parker 2011.

And he won it in a season when West Ham got relegated! Were there no good attacking players that season or something?!

that was because he played for West Ham and the media love them ;)

I dont think that was a great season for individuals if I recall

• Like 1

He's a sort of Dirk Kuyt player, will do a good job for the team and also regularly chips in with goals.

I remember when Kane was injured start of the season he filled in well centrally for Spurs so could do the same job again if the Kane injury is serious.

Not sure if I've mentioned them before. Sporting Bromsgrove CF Jason Cowley and CM Ahmed Ali.

Both may be playing at Wembley for the FA vase final in a few weeks.

Cowley is prolific at this level. Never gives anything up and is in the exact right place every time. Has the striker's instinct.

Ali is a class above and looks like he can play at any level. 

Cowley 9, Ali 4. The match was very tight being the Vase semi final so they don't get much chance to shine but you can still see the quality

9 hours ago, darrenm said:

Not sure if I've mentioned them before. Sporting Bromsgrove CF Jason Cowley and CM Ahmed Ali.

Both may be playing at Wembley for the FA vase final in a few weeks.

Cowley is prolific at this level. Never gives anything up and is in the exact right place every time. Has the striker's instinct.

Ali is a class above and looks like he can play at any level. 

Cowley 9, Ali 4. The match was very tight being the Vase semi final so they don't get much chance to shine but you can still see the quality

Do you go to many of the games? 

I was at the ground the other week (to see Worcester play)

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

Do you go to many of the games? 

I was at the ground the other week (to see Worcester play)

I'm a bit of a Johnny come lately but I'm enjoying the walk to the ground, beers while watching and seeing all the people I know from the town there. I've been a few times but I live right by the ground anyway (not difficult) so I've been there for various reasons before.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I'm a bit of a Johnny come lately but I'm enjoying the walk to the ground, beers while watching and seeing all the people I know from the town there. I've been a few times but I live right by the ground anyway (not difficult) so I've been there for various reasons before.

I must admit, Villa aside, I have no time for professional football now. Watched ten mins of Chelsea v Man Utd last night and it repulsed me. The constant harassing and jostling of the referee, the general cheating and devious intent of these highly paid players. Nah, not for me anymore.

Non league football for me now on a Saturday. 

• Like 3

Nathan Redmond. I am just waiting for the goals to come and for him to have a Gareth Bale type of explosion ( on a smaller scale perhaps)

Was gutted we didn't get him for the £2m Blues were selling. Same with Gray. Makes no sense to me.

• Like 1

Watching 'Gladbach Schalke and I've always liked Raffael upfront for them.

Was surprised how good his goalscoring record was considering he's not quite an out and out striker (similar to Firmino), 44 goals in 110 games.

32 in a few weeks so probably past the point of international recognition but certainly in the underrated category.

• Like 3

Adriano, not the useful winger/FB/CB/CM Barca had for years, but the really fat one. I started watching Italian football around 2003 and he was the best player I'd ever seen. It was like watching the kid at school who was the best purely because he was bigger and stronger than everybody. Except he was 23 years old making world class players like Nesta look average. It only lasted for about two years and he got fatter and substantially shitter pretty quickly but his good days were 90's Ronaldo levels of quality.

Shane Long, runs everywhere. Decent footballer. 10 Shane Long's would be a solid mid table team.

On 19/03/2017 at 02:49, Rino8 said:

Adriano, not the useful winger/FB/CB/CM Barca had for years, but the really fat one. I started watching Italian football around 2003 and he was the best player I'd ever seen. It was like watching the kid at school who was the best purely because he was bigger and stronger than everybody. Except he was 23 years old making world class players like Nesta look average. It only lasted for about two years and he got fatter and substantially shitter pretty quickly but his good days were 90's Ronaldo levels of quality.

Shane Long, runs everywhere. Decent footballer. 10 Shane Long's would be a solid mid table team.

Adriano was up there just shy of Ronaldo (Brazilian). Unfortunately after his dad passed away he lost interest in the game.

On 3/18/2017 at 22:28, VillaChris said:

Johnny Evans.

Was available the summer we got Lescott and Richards.

Crazy looking back on it now.

Tip for Bruce - just wait to see what defenders Pulis is interested in and then pounce!

Â