Players that you think are Good/Excellent

FrenchVillaLova

On ‎20‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 22:16, VillaChris said:

Been watching Roma a lot this season...Nainggollan has really developed into a very good box to box midfielder last 18 months.

He reminds me a lot of Vidal and I think he'd actually be a very good fit for a lot of premier league sides as he's strong and mobile.

Roma always have very good squads but like Arsenal bottle it at crucial moments.

Which Prem team will be bidding 100m for him this summer then?

Chelsea were rumoured in the summer.

Arjen Robben.

All he ever does is cut in from the right and shoot.  It seems like it should be easy to stop yet, here he is at 33 still scoring the same type of goals for fun.  Baller.

• Like 2

I know I've mentioned it before but to me Raheem Sterling is having a very good season. He's certainly one who seems to be improving his all round game under Pep and is become a real go to player in the City team now.

Of course he'll be mediocre in the next England game and everyone will start slaughtering him again,

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Had no idea he was that old!

Oldest outfield player in the Premier League I believe

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Have we got to the stage yet that its OK to label Ngolo Kante a world class player

He's world class in his position yes but not a world class footballer like a Hazard or a Messi.

27 minutes ago, PaulC said:

He's world class in his position yes but not a world class footballer like a Hazard or a Messi.

Completly different styles of player so not a fair comparison. You could argue that he is having a bigger effect on the outcome of games than Hazard. For different teams, he has taken them to the league title (likely with Spurs) in different seasons. He gives the platform for the flair players to try something different, knowing that if they lose the ball he is behind them. For me he is definitely a world class footballer.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Kante is probably the best player in his position in the world, so definitely makes him world class.

Most impressive "unknown" signing for a long, long time.

It's hard to overstate how vital he appears to have been for Leicester last season and currently for Chelsea.  How the hell he keeps his energy up game after game after game, I'll never know.

21 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Completly different styles of player so not a fair comparison. You could argue that he is having a bigger effect on the outcome of games than Hazard. For different teams, he has taken them to the league title (likely with Spurs) in different seasons. He gives the platform for the flair players to try something different, knowing that if they lose the ball he is behind them. For me he is definitely a world class footballer.

Yes but its like I said he is world class in his position, no question about that but in terms of footballing ability no he isn't.

Â