Players that you think are Good/Excellent

FrenchVillaLova

5 hours ago, Villan4Life said:
Ryan Fraser all 5ft5 of him is having cracking season for Bournemouth.

2 goals today and an asset! started the season in top form! Another quality young scottish player

The Scots have some decent players now

Shame about the manager!

10 hours ago, Villan4Life said:
Ryan Fraser all 5ft5 of him is having cracking season for Bournemouth.

2 goals today and an asset! started the season in top form! Another quality young scottish player

Hutton, bannan, mccormack. Can't think of any other good Scots ?

• 3 weeks later...

Was going to mention Ryan Fraser, always looks a good little player to me.

Not sure if he’s been mentioned already but  Lukasz Fabianski has turned into a really solid keeper over the last few years and is a bit underrated IMO

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Joshua King is very underrated 

He’s a beast. Only real weakness is he’s not the most clinical finisher, as highlighted by his glaring open goal miss tonight. 

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

I have said before but Giorgio Chiellini. a master of classic dark Italian defending. 

not sure if has been a better defender in last 15 years

15 years?  :lol:  not sure about that, but since he hit 27/28, he has been a great, great player.  He complements Bonucci so well too, being more of a stopper, whilst Bonucci is better with the ball. 

Certainly for the last 5/6 years he's been a very, very good defender.  Like with Buffon, it'll be a shame if he doesn't get his hands on that trophy. 

5 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

15 years?  :lol:  not sure about that, but since he hit 27/28, he has been a great, great player.  He complements Bonucci so well too, being more of a stopper, whilst Bonucci is better with the ball. 

Certainly for the last 5/6 years he's been a very, very good defender.  Like with Buffon, it'll be a shame if he doesn't get his hands on that trophy. 

I think Zat was saying he was the best defender in the last 15 years, not that he has been good for the whole of that 15 years.

19 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think Zat was saying he was the best defender in the last 15 years, not that he has been good for the whole of that 15 years.

I still think I'd take Maldini, Cannavaro, Stam, maybe Rio Ferdinand over him.

Maybe even Terry or Puyol.  2003 had some absolute worldie defenders in it. 

I mean, he's definitely up there with the best of them.  But is he even as good as Bonucci?  Or even Barzagli? 

LOL I FORGOT NESTA. GOATS EVERYWHERE. 

Edited by lapal_fan

31 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I still think I'd take Maldini, Cannavaro, Stam, maybe Rio Ferdinand over him.

Maybe even Terry or Puyol.  2003 had some absolute worldie defenders in it. 

I mean, he's definitely up there with the best of them.  But is he even as good as Bonucci?  Or even Barzagli? 

LOL I FORGOT NESTA. GOATS EVERYWHERE. 

For me Cannavaro, Stam, Maldini, Nesta prime was mainly before that. They are legends of the game

Think Chiellini has it all and is consistent regardless of partner or opponent. He gave a masterclass 2nd leg vs Spurs last season when Kane was red hot

• Like 1

puyol for me

look at what that man won, great leader, brave as anyone

in the pub last night when the commentator said time was catching up with 34 year old chiellini, me and my 35 year old mates did have a chuckle, i look about 10 years younger than him

On 24/10/2018 at 12:20, villa4europe said:

puyol for me

look at what that man won, great leader, brave as anyone

in the pub last night when the commentator said time was catching up with 34 year old chiellini, me and my 35 year old mates did have a chuckle, i look about 10 years younger than him

Trophies aren't always a great indicator, look at some of the shite United have had in their sides. Not to say he's shit, but he'd some considerable way off the top dogs of the past 15 years for me. 

• 2 weeks later...
Â