Players that you think are Good/Excellent

FrenchVillaLova

17 hours ago, bobzy said:

It sounds bonkers saying it, but he was criminally underrated IMO.  Obviously always seen as a very talented player but somehow not regarded (or, certainly not among people I know) as one of the greatest of all time.

I remember watching his Clasico at the Bernabeu (think it was 3-0 to Barca).  After his second goal - and both were great - there was a brilliant bit of footage of Casillas just shrugging.  It was spot on, too - unstoppable.

Unfortunately, there's not a player in the World like him at the moment.

Got a standing ovation from the Madrid fans after that goal as well. Was a jaw-dropping performance, where you just can't believe what you're watching. Only bettered by Bale vs Inter in 2010 imo.

• 3 weeks later...

Pacey winger from Hull, scored against us earlier in the season.

Can't remember his name, but I like the look of him.  Quick, good feet, scored - proper winger. 

Think he'll go onto bigger and better things in a year or two. 

On ‎19‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 17:58, VillaChris said:

Ronaldinho at his peak was a brilliant player to watch.

Think the issue here is his peak wasn't all that long, 2004-07 I would say as Barca got rid of him in 2008 and he did little at Meelan.

It was all set up for him to be the dominant player at the 2006 world cup and he flopped.

A 3 year peak when Messi and Ronaldo have just spent the last 10 years knocking in 30 + goals a season.

I have never thought of Ronaldinho as one of the greats of all time like Puskas, Di Stefano. Pele, Cruyff, Zidanne, Messi and Ronaldo 2 

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I have never thought of Ronaldinho as one of the greats of all time like Puskas, Di Stefano. Pele, Cruyff, Zidanne, Messi and Ronaldo 2 

He could have been if applied himself off the pitch. He was certainly the most entertaining player and loved because he looked like he was having fun 

• Like 1

If only we signed Phillip Billing from Huddersfield for £5mil that summer Tony took charge rather than similar haired Aaron Tshibola!!

Billing is a absolute player and a half he doesn't play much for Huddersfield but was best player on pitch at The Temple Of Doom other night when i went to match scout at Blues vs Hudderfield

Absolute beast of a player. I have rated him when he broke through at Huddersfield but just got better and better since i last seen him play live.
Edited by Villan4Life

Â