Weekends football 27/29 January

andykeenan

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

Leeds deserved what they got. Same as Brighton.

I don't know what the answer is to bring the prestige back to the cup?

CL spot for a premier league winner, automatic promotion if a winner from a lower league.

I bet you'd see everyone ne give it a proper go then!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

CL spot for a premier league winner, automatic promotion if a winner from a lower league.

I bet you'd see everyone ne give it a proper go then!

Plus if a team fields a considerably weakened team, they get banned from the following seasons FA Cup

• Like 1

Just now, Xela said:

Plus if a team fields a considerably weakened team, they get banned from the following seasons FA Cup

I thought the FA had a rule about that anyway. Didn't Wolves get fined for sending a reserve side to old Trafford one year?

Of course it only applies to the smaller clubs.

8 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Too late, it's gone for good sadly.

I was actually in Lincoln last week...half the population were walking around in red and white scarves which was really good to see.

It still means a lot for the lower league teams....the better teams not so much but just baffled why some of the championship and mid table prem clubs put out weak teams.

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

I thought the FA had a rule about that anyway. Didn't Wolves get fined for sending a reserve side to old Trafford one year?

Of course it only applies to the smaller clubs.

A fine is small fry to be honest. A ban would be better (never happen though)

Yes too much money in the Premier League, nothing you can do now. Its great for the sides like Lincoln and Sutton United though. Lincoln getting through to the last 16 is especially pleasing given that Graham Taylor played for them and his first job in management.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Xela said:

Sadly teams would probably field a weakened team intentionally to save them from having to field any team the following season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

why have the BBC got utd on?

who do they answer to? its not advertising, they should be able to put on whoever they like so who at the BBC is picking this shit?

It's all about ratings sadly. Whats even more depressing than the fact that they are showing it is the fact that so many people will watch it.

All those "massive United fans" from Essex, Birmingham and Bristol etc..that have never been to OT will be glued to their TV screens so that can feel like an authority on the subject in the pub next week.

35 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I was actually in Lincoln last week...half the population were walking around in red and white scarves which was really good to see.

It still means a lot for the lower league teams....the better teams not so much but just baffled why some of the championship and mid table prem clubs put out weak teams.

I'm sure it does but it's not what it used to be and never will be again. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Xela said:

Leeds deserved what they got. Same as Brighton.

I don't know what the answer is to bring the prestige back to the cup?

wont happen but put a Champions League place on the line and teams wont be messing about

Like I said if BBC put Lincoln vs Brighton on instead of utd and the ratings are lower then who do they answer to? Not the sponsors, they could easily argue that more neutrals watch the Lincoln game so it's got a wider audience, the only person they answer to is the head of the BBC who could change the agenda away from viewing figures and in to spreading the love of they wanted

• Like 1

If anybody has the ability to go back through that FA Cup tie coverage, there was a moment at half-time when Shearer rolled his eyes when Phil Neville was talking that would be more or less the definitive eyeroll.gif in future. It was perfect. 

On 1/29/2017 at 17:46, Zatman said:

so happy for United as we will get to see them live on TV again in the next round. maybe a juicy home fixture vs Blackburn or Burnley

Man United vs Blackburn a definite tv game as predicted ;)

Â