The Clearout begins

Grasshopper

22 hours ago, brommy said:

Yeah, I had just finished something similar but with really fancy graphics and a gif of each player popping up if you clicked on their name but I read GBoZ's post, realised my work wasn't needed and deleted it.

leave the gifs to @DK82

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

I think a lot depends on what division we're playing in next season, although it looks increasingly like it's going to be another season in the Championship so...

Players like Gil and Veretout won't/don't want Championship football so will probably leave. Sanchez has had a decent start to his loan at Fiorentina so they may decide to make his loan permanent and the same with Cissokho at Olympiacos. While Gollini will most likely engineer a way back to Italy.

Hutton, Bunn and Kozak are out of contract in the summer anyway and I'm pretty sure we can find buyers for Ayew, Elphic, Westwood and McCormack.

So we're only really stuck with Ricahrds and Gabby.

this^

so, IF (big IF I know) we were to get promoted to the Premier League at this time of asking, and the loan periods for Gil, Sanchez and Veretout expire, do we take them back if they want to return? 

Or do you thing that the fact they wanted out during our time in the Championship is cause enough for us not to accept them back? burnt bridges and all that

I guess I ask because Jedinak is already ready to be made into glue, let alone stepping up to PL and perhaps Sanchez could fill that role. Likewise I think Veretout is a step up from Westwood, and arguable Gil a step up from Bacuna/ Gardner.

We are stuck with Gabby until his contract ends. He may as well just stay at home now and reflect on how fortune has smiled upon him in the most undeserving way. For me, I would have him cleaning the boots and sweeping the changing room to justify his £57K/wk - Tony would at least make a saving on his cleaning bill.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

so, IF (big IF I know) we were to get promoted to the Premier League at this time of asking, and the loan periods for Gil, Sanchez and Veretout expire, do we take them back if they want to return? 

Or do you thing that the fact they wanted out during our time in the Championship is cause enough for us not to accept them back? burnt bridges and all that

I guess I ask because Jedinak is already ready to be made into glue, let alone stepping up to PL and perhaps Sanchez could fill that role. Likewise I think Veretout is a step up from Westwood, and arguable Gil a step up from Bacuna/ Gardner.

Personally I'd only want Veretout back. All the rest have had plenty of chances to establish themselves as Premier League players and they have consistently failed. Veretout would only get another season to really prove himself anyway. That's assuming they accually want to play for us to start with.

Edited by Supervillan78

On 26/01/2017 at 22:46, Grasshopper said:

Now we have the main problems sorted, GK RB & CM's, Who are we likely to clearout?

I'd go with

Gollini - eventual sale during/after loan

Bunn - Bench till Out of contract

Hutton - train with U23 till OoC

Richards - give away/payoff

Elphick - Bench till Hull/S'land relegated then they buy

Ally - Sell/loan to OoC

Amavi - Last chance to prove himself

Bacuna - Bench till sold

Westwood - U23 -> Out asap - Give away/payoff

Gardner - come on Forest you know you want to

Jedi - see Elphick

McC - if true -> sell

Ayew - Last chance to prove himself/Anything over 8Mill sell

Kozak - send get well soon card with P45 in May

Gaby -

1) Give away = wont go

2) Payoff = wont take it

3) Buy him a Hor-house in Walsall with a built in Kebab/Shisha-bar, day Center for the kids & Pay Walsall to take him off our hands

Have fun with fm17 villa save.

Looking at some of the lists of players we need to get rid of is depressing and in my mind almost impossible unless we pay them off. Still a lot of work to do in the transfer window in terms of outgoings, I fear the wage bill isn't looking too healthy at the moment and can only hope the management have a proper plan in place rather than saddle the club with debts especially with promotion looking a fair bit off.

The original post is very amusing in it's very simplistic view on how things work.

We all know we have players already surplus to requirements and those who don't fit in with the Club's and Bruce's vision for our future.

From what I've seen of this particular transfer window is that the Club will do the right thing where incoming and outgoing players are concerned.

I'll leave it their hands, rather than to the wonders of Football Manager aficionados.

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

The order's not too bad. I'd go for Richards, Westwood, Kozak, Bacuna, Gabby, Gardner, Hutton, Bunn.

Richards and Bacuna for me first. Then Gabby. Let's purge the arrogant shits from last year. 

Westwood and Hutton, while poor, aren't disruptive influences 

• Like 4

On 1/26/2017 at 20:44, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Ok for me in the immediate term, if possible;

McCormack - It's just not going to work out, is it? The fact that the lad hasn't even had the balls to come out and explain or apologise to fans at this point has made me think twice about whether I want him to wear the shirt again. I have forgiven Gabby for his indiscretions even though it took him a long time to hold his hands up, though at the same time he at least had history with the club and if we had the option at the time, I'd have shipped him out too. It's a different club now, or it is supposed to be, we can't have this sort of shit go unpunished. Properly punished, not just a fine and a slap on the wrists. He's not for me anymore.  

Westwood or Gardner - Of the two I would probably keep Westwood, in the short term. He's not very good no, but Gardner is worse. I don't see much value in us shipping them both out at this stage. I think 5 centre mid's is the bare minimum we should have on the books. Eventually, they both have to go. I've seen enough. 

Ayew - I guess it's a book balancing thing. We could still get a decent clip for him, but not after another few months of being a super sub and he's just not consistent enough to start every week. Though he is bloody good at coming from the bench and impacting a game, I'd also like to give young Green a lot more game time. I don't necessarily want him out, because he is of value to us, but I would see the logic and I'd be down with it. 

Richards - No explanation needed. 

Longer term - Hutton and Bunn is kind of it for me from there. Gabby if we can in the summer, though I'm not averse at all to seeing how he performs from here on out. Elphick will probably move on in the summer too but I think he has been hard done by. 

Bosh. 

3 outta 4 ain't bad. 

Â